My 2nd EJ8, 98 & black this time around!

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lose the sticker, get a real overflow and i will be happy, and we all know a happy troll is a cute troll ;)

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lose the sticker, get a real overflow and i will be happy, and we all know a happy troll is a cute troll ;)
Ha, enjoy it for now, its pretty hard getting "real" fabricators to take you serious about small things like that. They wanna touch everything in the bay or nothing at all.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ha, enjoy it for now, its pretty hard getting "real" fabricators to take you serious about small things like that. They wanna touch everything in the bay or nothing at all.

You can weld!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD you punk! ps you are scaring the cows

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I see a lot of people going from the hybrid racing shifter box to the K-tuned rsx bite shifter, just curious as to what made you decide to go that route?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha. Naw, Alex already had experienced using the hybrid shifter in car already.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I see a lot of people going from the hybrid racing shifter box to the K-tuned rsx bite shifter, just curious as to what made you decide to go that route?
I can speak from experience on this...the Hybrid bolt in shifter was and is a terrible design, the concept is great but not functional. Shifting was incredibly STIFF. side to side was the worse...the K-Tuned billet RSX shifter feels so amazing. Its honestly the most realistic feel in the world. Clean clean clean, smooth shifting vs the HR bolt in. I kinda wish at times I could try out the Ktuned no cut shifter but I'm loving the racecar look of the billet box. People look at it and say what kinda tranny do you have? Lol most of those people don't know Hondas or anything about cars lol.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's awesome, so the hybrid box felt like b series linkage over tightened, and the K-tuned billet shifter feels like, in the words of Richard Hammond "a well oiled rifle bolt action"?

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's awesome, so the hybrid box felt like b series linkage over tightened, and the K-tuned billet shifter feels like, in the words of Richard Hammond "a well oiled rifle bolt action"?
That explains them exactly...holy s**t. Those are spot on. No other words to describe it.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's pagani huayra dope. Put it that way. Same sound and everything. If you look at videos where people are shifting with the HR, you can see that it doesn't look very sharp and people are grabbing the hell out of it changing gear. The Ktuned one is super smooth.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Picked up some rubbers for up front! Spinning all through 2nd at full throttle isn't fun! But its great knowing I'm having traction problems rather than a lack of power! =)

I figured I'd give a good update on the car...
car runs and drives great! I have a few small Issues that I'm trying to deal with personally like, wires, routing, and front end movement.
picked up all new Moog suspension pieces for up front.

Thoroughly impressed with the quality on these!

But as for the swap, it started up fine and is still running fine, I had a small idle issue that resolved itself when I replaced my throttle cable to a GSR. Why a GSR you ask? Well for those that don't know the k swap all to well...the RBC manifold had a different throttle body bolt pattern than the Type-s (62mm) TB. I welded the bolt holes for the TB shut on the RBC and aligned the PRB(rsx-s TB) to be perfectly in-line with the RBC inlet. Drilled and tapped those holes to hold the TB in place...

without doing so I would have had to use a throttle body adapter and that looked ugly...well along with doing that I came across the problem of the stock cruise control wheel hitting the Intake runner...that's when the karcepts cruise control delete came in handy...well then after installing that and running a EX throttle cable it created an issue where I ran out of adjustability...

later I found out that the cruise control delete kit was designed using a GSR throttle cable. And that solved the problem immediately! I still don't have an exhaust completely done...I'm not gonna settle for a half ass job so I decided to order the kteller 2.5" kit off eBay. Its basically just piping with nice mandrel bends instead of crush bends like all the shops around me. So that will be here soon and I'll give details on my exhaust Setup....BTW open header into a vibrant performance resonator sounds beautiful!

I really miss loosing sleep over this car, it feels so great having it running but damn I wanna buy car parts...I should have some good updates here soon. Gonna get some parts rolling again more towards the Interior!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmm strange, they don't look like nt03s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk