My 96 DX Hatch build (56k warning)

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
next time I roll it outside I will snap some because it is kinda hard to get good shots in the garage

ct96ek

5+ Year Member

need to cut this pipe to join the header and the intermediate pipe and slice in the cat

97-01 H22 lower rad hose seems to work but I am not sure if I like how it sits so high off the motor

H22 upper looks like it will work after a trim

cleaned up a bit

trying to get an idea of what the intake needs to look like - just used some scrap 3" pipe - now I will find a similar intake to use

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
running the radiator to the intake eh

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
Made some progress last night

-trimmed the H22 upper radiator hose to fit and clamped
-clamped the lower hose on
-trimmed the long H22 heater hose and clamped
-attached the short heater hose and water valve
-tightened down the fuel line
-installed the fuel return line
-hooked up the clutch line
-routed and attached the shifter cables
-picked up some used OBD2 connectors to steal the pins from
-installed the header so I can take measurements for the cat pipe
-trimmed the brake booster vacuum line and installed
-reinstalled the fuel breather tank (still don't know what to do with the orange tube)
-ordered the correct center console pieces (anyone want to make an offer on the others)
-received some sheets of carbon fiber in the mail for some fun fabrication
-exchanged my one month old broken jack for a new one at sears

UgP

Addicted to clubcivic.com
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Awesome build! Just read this from beginning and I am very impressed. Looks really good! Props to a fellow Connectican...

TRA_Blaze

5+ Year Member
inspiring my god makes me want to do something like this ...just gotta budget the funds lol

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow! amazing job! props on all the good work.
i may of missed this, but how did you get the block so clean? i think i saw a dremel? and what kind of paint did you use? it looks so clean!

99SilverCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Keep it up dude!
I check on this thread every night, so keep the pictures and progress coming! you're almost there!!!

Honda9206

Working on the 92 DX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just read through the entire post. Very inspiring for me to start really working on mine. Cant wait to see more.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Why is that motor soooooooooo clean? Did you brush it with your tooth brush?

green ej8

diamond member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so i just went out to my garage to see if i had the orange line in my engine bay cause i drive a 97 prelude and i didnt seen the orange line you were talking about maybe its for the civic sorry bud. By the way this is the best thread i have ever seen....So good it make me wanna be a better man

99SilverCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
orange tube

I still don't know where the vertical orange tube connects- any ideas? I know where the other 2 fittings go.
Don't know if my 99 hatch has one of these, but I noticed it on my 96 project car yesterday, it has a plastic 90-degree fitting on top that just snaps into the bracket of the OEM fuel filter. It looks like it's a breather tube, it connects to the bracket so it doesn't dangle...
Will get a picture in the morning for you.

99SilverCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pics of the orange tube as promised, forgot the camera again, took pics with my T-Mobile Dash:
thats the concocksion:

this piece:

goes into here:

hope this helps

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
The block was cleaned with simple green, then brake clean to blast away stuff, then wire wheeled with a dremel, then more simple green and brake cleaner and finally painted with Duplicolor High Temp Engine paint in Aluminum color...and yes ever a tooth brush and q-tips in some places

wow thanks a lot for the info on the tube - that makes me feel better

Grabbed some spare intake parts from work - This is NOT the final intake

Placed the dirty spark cover on to see if I want to paint it. Black or silver? any input?