My 96 DX Hatch build (56k warning)

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wow, I love that Yokohama tread pattern.

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
what are you talking about? Did you read any of this build? Engine swap has been done for months and months :word:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:rolf:
Gotta get used to noobs not reading the thread.

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
SOOOOO I lost my job at TASAUTO.COM today. Times are tough everywhere and they had to cut 25% of the staff. No hard feelings just something they had to do to survive. With that being said I might be starting my own site selling only parts I design. We will see....

AND I got the tires mounted and balanced today!

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow man sorry to hear that!! Hope you can find another job soon! Tires look great!!!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
enkei decals on the rims would set them off... nothing crazy, but some small ones perhaps?

FartCanMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
whoa. yea i guess i blew by the page numbers.

just went through the whole thread. wow dude. this is what u call a build.

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
Took the rotors off to coat the hat portions

Used VHT Flameproof flat black

Valve cover looking nasty

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sorry about your job loss man. If you need any help with graphics or web design hit me up or even 3d/Cad work, I'm sure I can do some s**t for free in return for letting people know of my work.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So what is it that your using to shave it? I have thought about shaving mine but wasn't sure.... Still trying to find someone that makes a Spark Plug Cover for the B18B1 I just picked up... Seen em around, but not many!

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
I got a little aggressive with my angle grinder removing the letters and tabs. In order to fill in the areas where I went too deep I am using Permatex Liquid Metal Filler. I am not sure if that product will work but I am giving it a try.

leftywill3

I AM TAMARACK!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got a little aggressive with my angle grinder removing the letters and tabs. In order to fill in the areas where I went too deep I am using Permatex Liquid Metal Filler. I am not sure if that product will work but I am giving it a try.
GL sir and I hope that works out for you

carlosrubio13

5+ Year Member
no way!! best build up thread ever!! i wish i could do the same with my hatch =(... keep the updates coming!! and good luck with you web page!!

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
Thanks

Rear rotors on

Front ones painted

Put the wheels on the car and rolled it outside - it is sooo dusty

I spent the weekend cleaning up the bay of Mike's (RecaroEM2) K20 EM2

Looks so much better

Pushed it back in the garage after the long weekend

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
So it has been forever but I figured an update is way overdue. I moved to Hoboken, NJ in mid April to start my new job at Kuhmo Tires new corporate office in Jersey. After delaying my start date a few times, my job offer was taken back. The new CEO of Kumho decided to close the office. So after less than 2 months with a new place I was screwed. I moved out of Hoboken and back into my parents house with my wife. AND the day I found out I no longer had a job, I was driving the civic home and heard HORRIBLE rod knock. Somehow my motor had lost 5 quarts of oil in a few hundred miles. The motor was pulled and stripped down. Tomorrow it will be headed to an engine builder to find out the extent of the damage. Once we find out what all it shot I can decide on what internals will be going in. At least Kuhmo will be giving me money for all my expenses but it sucks to not have a place, not have my toy and not have money. But hopefully my life will be turning around now.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its darkest before the dawn...
things will turn around.
GL man

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
the car sitting in the garage all sad looking

parts going to engine builder

parts storage in the back of the car

engine ready to go

Once we know what the extent of the damage I can decide what gets replaced. Maybe a supertech valve package and some forged internals.

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
Motor is in! Getting the trans on was a pain. Everything is looking fresh. I am missing the dip stick o-ring. I will definately be driving it this week. I need to get past emissions testing as soon as it is on the road.

rebuilt but not pretty

laying out the parts

time to paint

tools of the trade

almost

expect a little shoot later this week

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
woohoo! lookin good man!