My 96 DX Hatch build (56k warning)

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow awesome, any updates lately?

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
Engine break in period is over so I can jump on it again.

Shot some pics with my new Canon T1i. Me and recaroem2.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looking good man. Nice EM2 as well.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pics look good man. i like the em2 alot!
so whos faster? :lol:

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
we have never lined them up to find out but I think his is faster. I think he is dyno tuned to like 235 hp or something around that so he definitely has me on power. The EM2 is heavier so I don't really know. We will have to take it to the strip to find out because I don't race on the streets.

emstaks

5+ Year Member
GOD DAM!!!!!! This is what you call a BUILD!!! very impressed and I mean that! love the details about every nook and crannie.. Hope everyrthing in your life is turning around and looking better! so inspired from reading these pages I dont know what do do with myself ? your deffinetly determined and deticated and a hero for alot of people! A TRUE HONDA HERO! keep up the good work and ill be following this till the end

MAD PROPS KID !!!!!!!!!

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
Wow what a compliment! Thanks a lot man. If you have any questions on something or need some help please feel free to ask.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this has helped me ill def be asking when it comes time to wire up my B16a2 i got fomr hmotorsonline..as for the lips you have whats a website they might have? i like the CTR style keep in touch PM so i dont loose your name would ya!? greatly appreciated!

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
those CTR style lips are for the 96-98 looks like you have a 2000. I got them from manchestermotorsports.com

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes i do have a 2000 =) but i was just gonna check if they have anything for 99-00 and btw forgot to mention only thing i would EVER change about your build is some different rims..IMO you shoulda poweder coated them babies you got now BLACK or gold...it'd really stand out!

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I remember seeing this at UConn this summer, so clean!

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
I had it lower and I cut the tires with the rear fender. I need to roll them and modify my exhaust because it is to close to the ground.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Looks clean but I think it needs different wheels...

civic0918

Registered VIP
id say if your getting spoon mirrors get spoon lips as well. I can get you a rear spoiler for your hatch if ya want? Pm me and ill give ya details.

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
The new Ridgeline

Don't know if I could tuck this one

Added HIDs this winter.

Engine is still not perfect. It pasted emissions this fall with no check engine lights but now it is throwing a P0171 (running lean). I don't know if it is just the O2 sensor wiring that isn't great or I might have a vacuum leak. I am leaning towards the vacuum leak because the engine recently started surging at idle. AND I am still burning oil after the rebuild which makes me think my timing is off. Correct me if I am wrong but the timing issue might have caused the lean code? Too bad the timing isn't adjustable at the distributor. I might need a tune in order to adjust the timing.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just went through the whole build, nice man, car is f**king sweet...