My civic is not feeling well....Help

SweetEBPSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my oil level is more than full its half way up the stick (my dad got a bit carried away) .... do you mean completely drain, flush and then replace the oil.

btw thanks for the help so far guys... this is y i love this forum.
I'm really shocked no one has tried to clarify this. Your oil goes half way up the whole stick? Or just half way between the two holes at the bottom of the stick? If it is literally halfway up the whole stick, dude, change your oil NOW and ONLY put 4 quarts in.

Also, I'm just going by the books and numbers here. He said it was a short race. I'm assuming from light to light. I can't imagine them going any faster than 60mph (96 kph). If thats true, according to the books/stats, the VW 1.8t and the Civic Si both have a 0-60mph of 7.2 seconds. The 1.8t has 150hp and does a quarter mile in about 15.7 sec. Honestly, I would think it comes down to driver, however, with the Civic Si 8000rpm redline, I would think you would win due being able to hold the gears longer.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0006_2000_volkswagen_golf_18t/

Plus, you don't know if there was anything done to the other car either. That could have had something to do with it.

gleaminrimz

5+ Year Member
thanks going-west and all otherrs for the tune up advice.

SweetEBPSi...about the oil..lol. yea it was my dad he got a bit carried away with it. an the stats you have shown are correct. technically i should have won. the only explanation to it is that his car must have been fairly tuned.

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well oil change mine feels slugish when i need an oil change could be alot more then that going to need a bit more info on what sounds its making if no sounds change your oil
Yeah mine feels sluggish when it is time for me to get an oil change.

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you should be able to beat 1.8t....i pull them thru 1-3

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my guess is it was a 1.8T golf with the ecu reflash. basically the car comes stock with a turbo boosting at 9lbs of boost, and for ~$500 you can get the ecu flashed to make it boost at about 22lbs of boost, normally, a stock 1.8T with the reflash will run mid 13s, so yes it will beat your car. try comparing to something a little more in your range.