My DIY JDM Amber Cluster

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I did the Amber Cluster lighting tonight and it wasnt all that hard to do. The best thing that you guys are going to love is that I didnt have to paint a single bulb. Amber bulbs can be found at AutoZone for $2.99 for a pack of two. Just to clear up some confusion, if you want to do this,

-you need FOUR #24's
-you need ONE #194.
-I noticed that the #24 base WILL NOT fit into the #74 spots...i couldnt get it to fit at all.

Just get the bulbs and swap them out for the amber ones and you're good to go..! I didnt get around to doing the climate control yet. The reason the left part of the cluster looks red is because I bought the wrong #194....i thought it was a reddish/amber but it ended up being more red than amber...i'ma exhchanged that tomorrow for the amber one. Not sure if I like it yet or not. Lemme know what you think. If you have any questions, just sh00t me a PM or an IM. Thanks for looking.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What kind of deck is that?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
looks good petey!!! i wanna do this too

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks tight man. Maybe Ill do this tomorrow as well....if not, next weekend when you come up. :thumbs up

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Its a JVC Deck......

This mod is easier than you think it is....just a couple screw to take out...unclip the wiring harness...pop out the bulbs, put in the new ones and you're good to go.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is it really considered a "mod" then?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I dunno....mayeb just replacing the stock bulbs with their amber counterparts...not really modifying anything :what:

.blazed_ej8

HiGH TiLL i DiE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks good except for that red looking part on the rpms and mph....i hate that big bulb... f**ks everything up...

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
.blazed_ej8 said:
looks good except for that red looking part on the rpms and mph....i hate that big bulb... f**ks everything up...
its a pain trying to find a good matching bulb.....

.blazed_ej8

HiGH TiLL i DiE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i know i tried...now i rock some white leds that make it like a soft blue and the lighting is all even ...

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've never seen 74's in red/ amber before. I've only been able to find 74's in the stock halogen.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
96greencivic said:
I've never seen 74's in red/ amber before. I've only been able to find 74's in the stock halogen.
me neither...i havent seen those.

edited it (194 bulb)

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hmm, i hope the color doesnt end up fading. Tell me how they are in about a month.

But, they do look nice now.

Hatchkid35

5+ Year Member
damn looks good bro, so they sell them at autozone? ill have to go down there tomorrow since ive got some spare time and check em out. you ONLY need those bulbs you listed right?

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yupp, i did this exact mod a week ago. the only thing is that the #24s are darker than the 194. i couldnt find all matching bulbs. for all the 6th gen ppl w/ the 3 knob climate control..what size r those bulbs? and plz dont tell me i need to go 2 tha stealership.
partizan- its not that they fade. its just when u 1st see it ur like "ohhh ahhh" and then ur eyes get use 2 it. it doesnt cause eye irritation like the diy painted bulbs IMO