My EJ! Vitara Build Thread

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looking good so far! im working on a very similar build right now also and have about the same goals as you do too! you got me thinking about making my own thread...hmm...
lemme know if you wanna chat about the builds! good luck man

Max713

5+ Year Member
looking good so far! im working on a very similar build right now also and have about the same goals as you do too! you got me thinking about making my own thread...hmm...
lemme know if you wanna chat about the builds! good luck man
thanks! D>B, haha! wud you have in mind, somethin ud like to discuss?

Max713

5+ Year Member
got the old motor out last night:

axles didnt wanna release? lol

looks can be decieving

\/

i can has rod knock?

Max713

5+ Year Member
we ifle towered that b***h, took it like a champ!

finally empty

got the new si tails in today 2

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
seen u round d-series man!

thanks! after its done, the motor will be 400whp capable (stock sleeves limit), but its my DD, so not pushin it to hard :D

thanks!
Balderdash! :lol:

Good luck with the build. I love Vitara's.... Well I am a little biased since I have them in my car :D .

majorahole

5+ Year Member
you coulda went with the fjt rods to get a higher comp ratio
also i think those injectors will be your limiting factor on making 300whp

Max713

5+ Year Member
you coulda went with the fjt rods to get a higher comp ratio
also i think those injectors will be your limiting factor on making 300whp
are you speaking of the custom length i beams? 8:5:1 to 9:1 isnt that big of a difference... and ya, id like to get some bigger injectors eventually, we'll see, its still gonna be my daily, it doesnt need to be freakishly fast

Max713

5+ Year Member
dad got me winter tires and powdercoated my old steelies black for my winter set... i wanted em white but he didnt know, im contemplating painting em white anyways, opinions? cars gonna get red tuner lugs, and mudflaps for the winter

got my interior goodies in today, ordered a JDM boot to match the armrest cover too.

neptune's goin in the emty spot :D

diggin the new cover, got it off the bay for $40 shipped

and i always hated not having an additional storage compartment...

anyone else have this fitment problem with their console?

Rountreesj

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got the same car, but black and had thought of doing the jdm console, but then you lose your cup holders...guess it's worth it in the name of jdm right?

quick question...how expensive was it to get all your engine work done and get that d ready to make 300 whp? couldnt you just get a b18c and boost the hell out of the stock internals and get 300 whp? it would cost the same as all the mods for the d right... and you bought a different d16z6 right? plus aren't the b-series tranies better than the ex's d tranny?

I'm new to the honda (well the fist car I've actually felt like doing anything to) scene.

Max713

5+ Year Member
I got the same car, but black and had thought of doing the jdm console, but then you lose your cup holders...guess it's worth it in the name of jdm right?

quick question...how expensive was it to get all your engine work done and get that d ready to make 300 whp? couldnt you just get a b18c and boost the hell out of the stock internals and get 300 whp? it would cost the same as all the mods for the d right... and you bought a different d16z6 right? plus aren't the b-series tranies better than the ex's d tranny?

I'm new to the honda (well the fist car I've actually felt like doing anything to) scene.
you can get 300whp ot of the D for under $4k easily, this is my parts list for my setup so far with prices. as you can see there are some items not needed to make 300+whp, such as gator axles. from what ive seen b18c's go for well over $3k for just the motor, then you have the turbo setup, headstuds atleast for the motor, all the parts necassary to swap in the b18c, tuning, it adds up quick. then theres the shock value of a fast d =)

-Motor:
YCP Vitara 75.5mm pistons…….$129
Eagle H-Beam Rods……$300
Rod/Main Bearings……$75
Timing Belt/Water Pump……$75
.037" head gasket……$65
Fuel Regulator……$75
ARP Headstuds……$105
Gator Axles……$430
SPEC Clutch……$325
Balanced/Polished Crank……$75
AVID Billet Motor Mounts……$253
OEM Fresh Flywheel……$60
Skunk2 Cam Gear……$40
Precision 780cc Injectors……$330
GM 3 bar amp censor……$70
Injector Resistor……$15

-Turbo Setup:
Bullseye T3/TO4E 50 trim w/ .55 a/r……$605
GO-AUTOWORKS 3” Custom Downpipe……$300
GO-AUTOWORKS Custom Dumptube……$70
GO-AUTOWORKS Tuner Charge Pipe Kit……$205
GO-AUTOWORKS 28x11x3 FMIC……$150
Tuner Toys Stealth Return Line……$83
Tial 50mm BOV……$175
Tial 38mm Wastegate……$175

Total: $4185

Also expect around $1100 more for short block assembly/bore/notch and the tuning

awesome dude. 300+ is a kickass
haha i hope so!

FasterDX

Z6 EJ2
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
with the console, the bottom part of the ashtray goes on top of that little lip. not under it like you have it. the bottom of the ash tray needs to be right at that open gap you have.