1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

my ej1 build thread

Discussion in 'Builds / Show Offs Archive (No Posting)' started by civicSIcoupe, Mar 5, 2010.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. civicSIcoupe

civicSIcoupe All Day, Every Day Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

EDIT: UPDATES ON LAST FEW PAGES

okay so this is going to be my build thread. i own a 94 civic si coupe (ej1). to start things off, i picked up my car last august, for $1100. came with 17 inch konig rims, 1 piece halo's, swapped d16y8, neuspeed strut bar and rear lower tie bar, pioneer deck, infiniti tweeters, and all other speakers are pioneer. for another $250 i got a brand new set of witner tires on steelies (michelin x-ice). also its been re-painted acura el black or something like that.. heres some pics of when i first got it:

4x4 status
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i found out the car needed new welds in the rear rocker panels, 2 wheel bearings, new brakes, and a windshield. i took it into my shop and did all that minus the windshield. while i was in there i unndercoating and oil sprayed it, painted the calipers red, re did all the brakes, and put a civic emblem on the trunk.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

next i decided i wanted to paint the interior. so i ripped the interior apart and re-painted some of the panels blue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

after that i found myself a nice kicker solobarric sub and alpine amp, and wired them up.

[​IMG]

so next i decided to slowly start my modding process. first i cleaned up my engine bay and painted my valve cover gold with polished letters. over the next couple months i ordered some nice goodies. first came an aem short ram intake, and a megan racing cat back exhaust system, along with a hi-flow cat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

once i got that done, i had made up my mind on going for the jdm look. so i swapped them ricey konigs for some nice gsr blades. (i dont have pics of them on the car because i got my snows on)

[​IMG]

once i had traded them, i begin my exterior de-ricing. i quickly removed the 1 piece projectors and put my oem headlights on, but not before i made them black housing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so i bought myself some oem fogs and wired them up. i then decided to make my oem corners armber, which i just finished yesterday but have no pics of yet. also repainted my wiper arms black (will have pics soon)

then i knew it was time to drop my car.. long overdue. so i ordered some function and form type ones and some polished rear lca's.

[​IMG]

i have no pics of the car as it sits with the coils on now, but will soon once i get it washed.

last week i traded my old halo's for an oem hood bra, so ill have to get you guys pics of that too :roll:

in the last 7 months my car has came pretty far IMO and ive saved a lot of money on labour by doing it all myself. i will have some updated pics up soon.

future mods:
    -jdm window visors (sides and maybe rear too)
    -jdm 50/50 tails
    -fix the minor rust... then a paint job
    -either going to re-build my d series and boost it, or pick up a b20 vtec and build it all motor

the last two will be in a year or so when i can save some cash up.
    sorry for the crappy cell phone pics btw. lmk what you guys/gals think and shoot me some ideas on what i should do next. =)

2. civicSIcoupe

update: heres a little teaser pic of the front corner ;)

[​IMG]

and heres a edited pic of my valve cover

[​IMG]

3. lilROOKZ

lilROOKZ EJh8ONIT Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

4. civicSIcoupe

thanks

5. Kensai

Kensai ♪♫♪♫♪~ Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

DId you get those F&F from weksos with free lcas? Blue interior looks pretty bad.

6. mymmeryloss

mymmeryloss RHD is where its at Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

so ur dericing the exterior but ur ricing out the interior? makes sense..

7. civicSIcoupe

lol well i was going to go all black, but didnt want to bother dying everything and all, so for now i just did it blue until i grow out of that phase, and then ill just pick up all oem black interior and a jdm center console

edit: like i painted it while i was still 16 and thought the whole painted interior would look nice plus the parts i painted were in bad condition, some were cracked etc so i fixed them up and painted em blue. now that i want the more clean look i kinda regret it, but hell, maybe ill try and do a type r interior imitation except ill do black and blue. (itll be type b :lol:)

8. Kensai

Kensai ♪♫♪♫♪~ Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Oh btw resize the pics, they're really big

9. lotz6996

lotz6996 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

side markers. and new pics, i want to see how the hood bra looks on a black ej1. other than that its coming along pretty well. and hide the wires a little better for the sub.

10. civicSIcoupe

no i got them from meng, and to each his own ya know?

oh okay yeah ill do that.

im going to wait until i do my bodywork to do my side markers. and the wires for the sub are hidden better that was just when it was installed

11. civicSIcoupe

** all pics have been re-sized**

also i know probably most of you think the interior looks bad/is rice, but i dont mind it and it was my personal choice to do it.. cant please everyone :roll:

12. Aaron.

Aaron. New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

like it, but for the sake of us all, please get rid of the blue interior pieces

13. civicSIcoupe

thanks, but like i said, i will once i grow out of the phase of liking it, and turn the interior to all black when i have the money to buy and convert it to power everything

14. CHILD

CHILD All Day, All JDM Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

any motor plans

15. civicSIcoupe

once i do all my body work and paint it, i either want to rebuild and boost my d, or pick up a b20

16. civicSIcoupe

heres a pic of the front i just took quickly today for you lotz. dont mind the dust i just quickly pulled it out of the garage to snap a quick pic

[​IMG]

17. mymmeryloss

mymmeryloss RHD is where its at Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

i would paitn match the foglight bezels..

18. civicSIcoupe

really? i thought they look pretty good like that..

19. lotz6996

lotz6996 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

thanks. looks good. i was thinking about getting one for mine once i got a straight hood. looks like you need to check your tire pressure too.

20. civicSIcoupe

yeah i like how it looks. and LOL at my tire pressure. my cars been sitting in my cold garage all winter thus the low pressure. once i start to drive it again i will go fill them up, but then again ill probably have my blades on.