crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They came today!!!!!

WP_000250.jpg

And I went and put the antenna block of plate on. MUCH cleaner.

WP_000248.jpg

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ahh nice! Gettin there!!
Yeah. And the motor is almost out. I have to just take out the b***h pin and undo the motor mounts and it's out. I was too tired and didn't have the transmission jack to drop it.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thinking about selling the turbo kit and just keeping it fun and NA.... do a couple auto-x events then put him away or sell...

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What's not fun about turbo? Is it the piecing it together that's getting to you?

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
or sell it and safe for your future.... or buy a real toy ;)
What's not fun about turbo? Is it the piecing it together that's getting to you?
What Tom said. With thinking about moving out with Matt and stuff it's like.... what's the point?

It might be the piecing together. When I was taking the motor out on Sunday all I was doing was getting sad and thinking about how I want this to be the LAST motor build I do. At least for a while. And I'm just thinking about the future when I sell the swap and what would be most reliable. That car was totally fun just with what it had. I would love to turbo it but I really don't want to risk the reliability and have to dump more money than I have to in it... I'm just kind of in a weird spot. I want a bike. I can't afford building a car when I start living on my own. But I could afford a bike to ride when I'm bored. And I'll sell that when I get bored and find something else. What's been really killing me lately is that I miss competitive horse riding SO BAD. But there is NO WAY I could afford that even now with selling my car.
Also I hate the car scene and I'm finding my way out. Even though that's where a vast majority of my friends are, but I'm just over it.

I'm just in a weird spot in my life. I need/want to grow up but I love building cars. But at the same time I think I'm growing out of it.... I don't know. Help!

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nick i was going to say save your money on a bike and just buy a vibrator, they are cheaper and much healthier than a bike, and accomplish the same goal.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:rolf:

I don't need one of those when I got Matt :naughty: boy wears me out!
Awwwww yeahhh ;)

You could always incorporate things like that for EXTRA fun =)

:lol:

But back to the topic at hand. I think it's completely normal to feel the need to step away from this build for a minute. Real life decisions, like moving out, commuting to your job, etc are much more important than a car build. If you can't afford to build the car AFTER taking care of all the other priorities, then it's just time to put it on the back burner.

Which is why I like the idea of a bike. Not a dangerous sportbike, but something like a 500 to take on rides every now and then. It would be enough to keep you occupied at the least, and away from building cars.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nick i was going to say save your money on a bike and just buy a vibrator, they are cheaper and much healthier than a bike, and accomplish the same goal.
This is true. Batteries are much cheaper than tires! :lol:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can't speak for anyone else, but personally, everything I'm into I end up devoting the same time and effort into. There isn't something I like but don't really care for. I either like it completely or I don't. If I tinker with a car, I'd tinker with a bike. Might be able to run out of this to do on a bike quicker but that would just promote moving on to new projects quicker. Maybe it's just me.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can't speak for anyone else, but personally, everything I'm into I end up devoting the same time and effort into. There isn't something I like but don't really care for. I either like it completely or I don't. If I tinker with a car, I'd tinker with a bike. Might be able to run out of this to do on a bike quicker but that would just promote moving on to new projects quicker. Maybe it's just me.
Yeah. I just have too many hobbies I want to do. My initial love is horses, but that's so expensive. I consider cars cheap in comparison.