My EM1 build/rebuild.

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lost #2 cylinder. Time for a rebuild!! Just got started with the process. Here's a look at the progress...

Out, but that is one dirty engine bay. That's one of many projects while the motor is in the shop.

Got it on the cart and time to start stripping everything down.

That's as far as I've gotten. Have to go on a business trip to Indy for 4 days. As soon as I get back I'll get more done and keep this updated to the end.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Goodluck with your build bro...:thumbs up

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol ^^ yeah I know..I'll get some good clear shots when I get a chance. Didn't wanna have a nice camera sittin around while we were jerkin that out. Lotsa pics to come!!

Thanks!

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol damn that suckss... oh well new internals FTWW. GL on the build bud, suscribed

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much hp did you gain from heat wrapping your ac lines?

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How fast did you get in that?

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how much hp did you gain from heat wrapping your ac lines?
Not as much as I was hoping.

Yupp, gonna get these internals done with a small bore. Got some other things to do before I can crank the boost tho..one step at a time

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good luck dude. I will defiantly be checking this thread often to see updates. How much boost were you running?

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Only about 7 lbs...I bit off a lil more than I should have...over revv'd it...It was a learning experience, I lurnt me when to give up lol

From the research I've done, my setup @ about 15-16lbs should get me to 350 whp...bottom end then fuel delivery and I'm there.

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Will finish stripping the motor on sunday and then I don't have a day off till Sept 7th. That's when I will drop it off at Inline Pro. In the mean time, here are some better pics of everything...

Here you can start to see the mess this motor was makin. Oil everywhere...

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Also re-wiring the stereo and building a new setup for the trunk...

CAN ANYONE SAY "CLUSTER f**k"?

I just need a good highs amp and finish the trunk...well...after I fix the mess some f**ktard made outta the wiring lol But I got time....which I am def gonna need...

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
holy wire overload batman

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
noooo joke...tok me a while to decipher that mess...now time to organize it lol

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nope...not now atleast...im workin on performance @ the moment...when that's all dun, then prolly, mostly to get rid of xtra w8..but for now I'm enjoyin my ricedom!! Actually tryin to think of a license plate...im thinkin wht-rice or sumthin along those lines...anyone got n e ideas??

once the pwr is @ 350 or so i'll start on removing the kit & wut not,

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Where in VA are you? Interested in a built block? I have one I want to get rid of...PM if you are interested in talking about it =)

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nope...not now atleast...im workin on performance @ the moment...when that's all dun, then prolly, mostly to get rid of xtra w8..but for now I'm enjoyin my ricedom!! Actually tryin to think of a license plate...im thinkin wht-rice or sumthin along those lines...anyone got n e ideas??

once the pwr is @ 350 or so i'll start on removing the kit & wut not,
Retractable Front License Plate Frame? Also comes electric.

But anyways, nice thread. What size turbo and injectors are you usiing?