My EM1 build/rebuild.

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Update naow. whats going on with it lol...

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its been a long ass time since an update

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So a quick status update...

Everything is just kinda chillin since I don't want the car tuned in the cold dry ass air of winter...I want it to run right in the humidity. In the meantime I am in the process of replacing bumpers, fenders and interior bezles...at some point the hood to a stock style carbon fiber....Don't get me wrong, I like my ricer style, I just want a more practical use out of it....So that's what's up...Hoping all is done at one time in spring, at the very least it will be in and tuned and runnin around, we'll see how the body work comes!

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sounds good man. If you need some interior parts PM me...I have a good bit of interior =)

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have some maintenance to do on my wife's mail jeep and will be in the garage...I'll snag some pics of the current progress and the oh so clean motor!!

Thanks for the help with interior parts!! As far as I know I will prolly just need all the bezels(sp?) around all the air vents and the radio...I am also putting the trunk back together since that had been raped out too.

I'll def get some pics up after this weekend...gotta do brakes, pwr steering pump and oil change on my wife's jeep. Woman driver + delivering mail=ONE f**kED UP JEEP

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
im really looking forward to see how it turns out!im looking to do the same turbo in my car, it seems to be the only turbo sized for our cars lol. i would want to see it in person but im up in pa, when its all done take vids for us all to see =) good luck finishing build! update after weekend! lol

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i always wanted to drive a one of those mail car things they use to use. I dont see them anymore in my area

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Holy crap...It's really been a long time since I was able to get in the garage! Had to replace the clutch, went with a stage 4 Comp. Clutch!

Clean motor, ready for the manifolds this weekend!

Manifolds will be on this weekend, plan is to have it set in the bay by mid-week!

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
HOLY CRAP this last year has sucked ass but here I am. Motor is set in, gettin everything finished up. A whole lot of little s*** to take care of but here it comes!

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well well well....here we are...the car died in Dec of '09 and it was tuned Thursday and here at work with me today. Yeahhhhh not supposed to take so long! Runs fine, small(I hope) issue.

Runs rich at idle...smokes some and smells heavy of fuel. Not too concerned about that. HOWEVER, when I first start the car, all is well. When it gets warm, I hear a knocking-ish sound. Any ideas?

I'm selling this car asap, I just need it to sound ok till then lol. Might put some Lucas in the oil...

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
First off, hate the rice on this car, but to each his own. Just my opinion!

Secondly, running rich and smell of fuel means you have a jacked tune, usually. As for the smoke/knocking.. my very first thought would be piston rings, but a tear down of the motor is the only definite way to tell. You sure you had a reliable rebuild done?

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I didn't rice it. Plan originally was to de-rice but motor went and money went elsewhere. Inline Pro in Springfield VA did rebuild and tune. They are very reputable, maybe they half assed it...maybe this damn car is cursed..either way, selling it ASAP!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well well well....here we are...the car died in Dec of '09 and it was tuned Thursday and here at work with me today. Yeahhhhh not supposed to take so long! Runs fine, small(I hope) issue.

Runs rich at idle...smokes some and smells heavy of fuel. Not too concerned about that. HOWEVER, when I first start the car, all is well. When it gets warm, I hear a knocking-ish sound. Any ideas?

I'm selling this car asap, I just need it to sound ok till then lol. Might put some Lucas in the oil...

You are probably running rich, which washes the oil off your cylinder walls which wore the rings. Also thins the oil which can cause a knocking noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk