My Fiberglassed center console EG6.

#1FG

Rev Limiter= Fun Limiter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Awsome work! I always wanted to do that but never really knew how.

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats dope :thumbs up

Nameyga

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man thats motivating work...now how did you get that to say without screwing?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how the hell do I subscribe? lol

mastertee31

5+ Year Member
Nameyga said:
Man thats motivating work...now how did you get that to say without screwing?
It's attached to the oem center console so I can use the factory mounting locations. (The fiberglass stuck to my oem console with all the resin just as I planned)

jakksquat

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mastertee31 said:
It's attached to the oem center console so I can use the factory mounting locations. (The fiberglass stuck to my oem console with all the resin just as I planned)

did you happen to get that installed yet bro?

mastertee31

5+ Year Member
I've been really sick the last few days and haven't had time, but I might tuff it out tomorrow and have pics up by the night.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks pretty sweet should have molded some gauge pods or something to put a little flavor in it.

Jas0n

What's up dogz!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
that's a nice clean job.......

mastertee31

5+ Year Member
Day 6:

Test fitted the console, it needed a little trimming here and there and probably another shot of paint but I'm pretty happy with it so far. Unfortunately since the console was so long I had no choice but to cut it down the middle so that I could fit it over the shifter and e-brake. I'm awaiting my new shift knob and e-brake handle and boot so I can't quite finish it completely.

I also decided to get started on my rear speaker pods. Below you will see the same process used as for the center console with exception of stretch material used. I took somebody's suggestion to use speaker grill cloth instead and it worked much better. (It helps if you use a cheap laser pointer to aim your pods to ear level, for good imaging)

The car will need a good cleaning from all the dust! It's everywhere...

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm impressed as all get out...!

:thumbs up!!! that came out freaking n0ice man. props to you bro.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's impressive! :thumbs up

I gotta' practice some 'glassing. my stuff always sags. I like those speaker pods a lot.

kaace

I'm getting there...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get on with your bad self...fiberglassing junkie...i am starting my kick panels this weekend...practice makes perfect...keep us updated with pics...

mastertee31

5+ Year Member
Day 7:

Finished glassing the other speaker pod and started working on my amp rack. I skipped a couple of progress pictures, but it was basicly and idea in my head that I drew out on a sheet of MDF and attacked with a jigsaw. (Geometry played a huge part in this) Below are some pictures of the rack with the speaker grill cloth stretched over and a quick mockup to make sure everything is nice and straight so far. (Should be ready to glass tomorrow night)

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude, how did you learn to do all this, Glassing is something I wanna learn

cvcc

5+ Year Member
This thread keeps getting more interesting...

Question: How strong does the fiberglassing hold up? I have a frankenstein project that I have been putting off and fiberglassing may solve a problem...