Car : 1992 Honda Civic EX

Engine Type:

Honda VTEC D16Y8 Engine Swap

Mods:

AEM V2 Series Cold Air Intake

APC 12 MM Breather Fitler

10.2 MM Neuspeed Spark Plug Wires

NGK Racing Platinum Tipped Spark Plug Wires

4-2-1 TD-60 Stainless Steel Headers to a 2.5 inch straight downpipe and a 2.5 inch catback muffler with a 4 inch tip all by DC, and Greddy.

Custom Painted Electric Blue engine valve cover

Mugen Strut bar (Blue)

Engine Torque Damper (Blue)

Nokya Racing Oil Cap (Blue and Carbon Fiber)

Exterior:

17 inch 5 spoke black and Chrome Drag DR8 Series Rims

New 2.5 inch lower on KYB struts

Took off the stock spoiler

Replaced my new black tail lights (Sold them on Craigslist) with red and clear JDM style tail lights

Replaced the bulbs with H4 Xenon Blue and the headlights with JDM One piece black headlights

5 percent tint all the way around

Carbon Fiber Gas Door

Diablo Style rear view mirrors

Type W Carbon Fiber Hood (sanded and new clearcoat)

I also added a new JDM Type R Rear Lip

Replaced all the B-Pillar trim with Ferio JDM style trim

Also updated took the Buddy Club Racing front bumper off added a stock bumper from the junkyard (picked up the same burgandy color, colors almost match) I put a new JDM Style Type R Front Lip

I took off my fenders (Again) I have them listed on craigslist. I ordered new JDM style F1 fenders (they will need painted only there already primed, Monday the car goes in for touch up and to get the new lips painted the fenders will be painted as well)

I also picked up a JDM License Plate Relocator for free from my friend this morning and he helped me installed it.

Interior:

Pioneer 5900 Head Unit

Triple pod along the pillar on the drivers side of the car with red and black lighting it displays Volts, Oil Temp and Air/Fuel Ratio.

S7 Dimensional Gauges they are multi-colored consisting of super white, blue, red, and orange. I have it set to red.

Shift knob with a black and red one that has 1-5 in red, (metal material). (Autozone need a new one)

There is also a carbon fiber rear speaker deck

The car is burgandy and fully debadged now.. It is about 130 HP. The guy lied to me when I got it but its still a great car for the deal. I will post pics tomorrow like I said it doesn't have the fenders on but ignore that I will post pics with fenders and all painted Monday. Please give me suggestions for engine or exterior mods.

( I would like to delete my other post, I checked but the FAQ just says click edit. I don't see an option for deletion. And I tried to delete the entire field and save changes which didn't work either, can someone help me out thanks?)

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/6227/1002954jj5.jpg first day I got the car. New pictures between 12-1 this afternoon!

Last edited:

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where are the pics?

808EK96

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome - Can't wait to see updated Pics. GL with it

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
new wheels and tails def.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you like all that stuff, cool. get a turbo for your motor while your spending.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
as far as tail lights and exterior pieces. make you happy. there are so many options as far as turbos go. you could piece one together or buy a greddy kit. def. gonna have to upgrade fuel system and ecu. internals are alright on low boost. 5-6 like you said is pretty low. just make your car how you like it. unless you think you can get more girlies with the jdm look everyone else is trying to achieve.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
japanese direct market, it really means expensive. check out passwordjdm.com for some s**t. there are some other sites out there but i've never had a problem with passwordjdm

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
d16y8's are super fast thats VTECH right?, do you have problems with traction at 170hp?