My first Honda!

-3de-

Old Dog, new tricks
5+ Year Member
I bought my first Honda about a month ago and Im in love! I havent owned a car in years, always had a pickup etc.. I love this thing! I know its got a low HP D15B7 and is a DX, but still just an absolute blast to drive! I have done a little work to it since i bought it, drivers side passenger door was red and had a dent in it. I painted it white, also was some body damage behind the rear door drivers side by gas cap, I did some Bondo work and also painted it white. It has like 153k on it. I bought it for $1800.00
What you think?

Last edited:

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very nice, looks clean

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
first of all very nice car, its got lots of potential

what i would do if i owned the car:

1. replace weather stripping that is cracked and metal is revealed and replace vertical door molding where missing on left side
2. paint windshield wiper arms flat or semi gloss black with spraypaint (i did semi gloss they look so much better than cracked ones)
3. paint side door moldings and door handles white to match vehicle
4. get amber corners
5. just my opinion, but i think big rims with low pro's look dumb, i would go 15's at max with more rubber.

i think if you were to do that you would have a even cleaner car, super jdm style. I hope i dont sound too critical but just giving some preferences.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks good man minus the big ass rims

Jordan_n

No fun unless ur Dragging
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
first
4-doors boo yah

second
i like the rims actually, its not that bad if there isnt a big tin can behind it

vid_man

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
car looks lovely got lots of potential good luck

EF Kid

Banned
Looks good man, glad you enjoy your honda. Slowcivic e g is selling some real jdm corners from a 4door eg if you are interested. i would ditch the wheels and get some honda wheels and a front lip. good luck man

jdmspivic

Go Ahead Shoot Me b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dayumm resize those pics lol . welcome to CC . Nice car an GL with the mods

lawrenceashley

Sir Ash
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
congratulations on your first honda. looks clean and yeah it has a lot of potential. 4 door is the way to go.

-3de-

Old Dog, new tricks
5+ Year Member
first of all very nice car, its got lots of potential

what i would do if i owned the car:

1. replace weather stripping that is cracked and metal is revealed and replace vertical door molding where missing on left side
2. paint windshield wiper arms flat or semi gloss black with spraypaint (i did semi gloss they look so much better than cracked ones)
3. paint side door moldings and door handles white to match vehicle
4. get amber corners
5. just my opinion, but i think big rims with low pro's look dumb, i would go 15's at max with more rubber.

i think if you were to do that you would have a even cleaner car, super jdm style. I hope i dont sound too critical but just giving some preferences.
Pretty much have all that on my list! =) Can you link me the lights your thinking?

first
4-doors boo yah

second
i like the rims actually, its not that bad if there isnt a big tin can behind it
Sad to say there is.. Its loud as f**k. its actually embarrassing, not my style at all.. But I bought it this way, so... Is it just the can at the end that makes it so loud? Sorry for my ignorance, but this is my first Honda.. What do I need to do to mellow out the "Im going 30 mph trying to sound like Im going 100 mph crap?

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im still looking for some amber corners for my eg hatch. i've been told that on ebay is the best bet, they are only like 5-15 bucks and people say they work and are the real deal. of course they are not original jdm but they are basically amber corner knockoffs. im going to buy some this week and hopefully i'll have them next week. if you have time, i'll post the person i bought them from and my experience, if not, just go ahead and buy any that look good from ebay.

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
clean civic, if it were my car i'd lose the dubs and throw some 15's, you can get some gsr rims for cheap and it would look great, or some 15" rotas would be loud..dont go bigger than 15" tho. id put the corner lights back to stock or get ambers.... clear corners = :rice:

Jordan_n

No fun unless ur Dragging
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got a straight pipe that runs to a stock muffler, quiet not deafning, but still has a good raspy sound to it

xpunkx281

5+ Year Member
nice car.welcome to the civic family.lol
wall paper pics FTL.jk.looks good.cant wait to see some updates