My H22 swap in my 2000 SI

tobebadtaz

5+ Year Member
I have one word,,,,, Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got it back yesterday still dont have hte headers or the a/c cargedup yetn but everything else is working smoothly!! I have to say I feel like I went from a single cam B16 to a dual cam H22 and then added a sprinkle of balls to the motor!! It is such a difference I cant even describe it. I have not one regret with the way the car pulls andI still am going to due a few more mods, Type r intake manifold, MSD ingnion system, Aem, fuel rail- fuel regulator and a fuel pump + the headers once they come in, then have it tuned!!! I took a quick pic wit my phone for now , more to come

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
congrats, shoulda tucked it man. plans on a wire tuck?

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
take all that wire cover thing off and it will look better either way its hot

hop-1

5+ Year Member
thats the truth! looks good man

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
take all that wire cover thing off and it will look better either way its hot
ain't it the truth, talk about gaudy. But seriously, you can't put an aftermarket manifold on there b/c it will hit the brake lines and the firewall will have to beat in a lot. If you are talking about going with a Euro R manifold, which is the only R in any h22 package, then you will also have more modifying ahead of you. You are better off just eliminating the Iab's in this instance. Look up blacktrax for the eliminators for the Iab's.

Anth EK Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice...my buddy has a stock H22 in a 92 civic cx and ran a 14.139@99mph ..have u ran yours yet?

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

tobebadtaz

5+ Year Member
ain't it the truth, talk about gaudy. But seriously, you can't put an aftermarket manifold on there b/c it will hit the brake lines and the firewall will have to beat in a lot. If you are talking about going with a Euro R manifold, which is the only R in any h22 package, then you will also have more modifying ahead of you. You are better off just eliminating the Iab's in this instance. Look up blacktrax for the eliminators for the Iab's.
I am getting a type r manifold just waiting to gt it it, it will fit with no futher mods

if u had the b16 tranny u should have done the h2b but bump for u
Its a gsr tranny my b16 was gone off my old motor a long time ago

nice...my buddy has a stock H22 in a 92 civic cx and ran a 14.139@99mph ..have u ran yours yet?
Not yet wanna do everything else before i run it, prolly a week or 2 before that happens

Thanks everyone!!!=)

tobebadtaz

5+ Year Member
I am getting a type r manifold just waiting to gt it it, it will fit with no futher mods

Not yet wanna do everything else before i run it, prolly a week or 2 before that happens

Thanks everyone!!!=)

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice swap. Glad to hear your enjoying it. BTW MSD Ignition is a waste of money. Honda stock ignition is good to 400hp+.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have to say I feel like I went from a single cam B16 to a dual cam H22 and then added a sprinkle of balls to the motor!! It is such a difference I cant even describe it.

Single cam B16? I didnt know those existed! They must be JDM.

Why did you just build the B16 instead of swapping it?

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Single cam B16? I didnt know those existed! They must be JDM.
haha single cam B16...look at this guy...single cam Bseries:lol:

i don't think JDM Land would have made something as stupid as that, they usually make the really good s**t

tobebadtaz

5+ Year Member

Thanks everyone!!!=)

HP Civic 2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not calling bullshit, but where is the h2b adapter plate? Huge difference between H swap and H2b.

tobebadtaz

5+ Year Member
Not calling bullshit, but where is the h2b adapter plate? Huge difference between H swap and H2b.

I will take a pic,,, u cant really see to much in that pic. The plate is actually custom fabbed!!!!! but i am using the GSR tranny i had on the B16 with a stage 2 Competition clutch