My headlights looked awful so I did something about it.....

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow, what an improvement. I've gotta do that to mine, i'm just worried i'll scratch them or not be able to clean them up

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
try some rubbing compound, the shits amazing

ronniec

5+ Year Member
gunna be doin this on my spare time..ive heard of wetsanding but not clear as to exactly what it is..do i buy a specific sand paper and wet it as i go? or is it that black sand block?

singlecamEJ8

so USDM it hurts.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice job!...sucks when its on the inside and the outside tho.

2nedhnda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ronniec said:
gunna be doin this on my spare time..ive heard of wetsanding but not clear as to exactly what it is..do i buy a specific sand paper and wet it as i go? or is it that black sand block?
When you go to buy the sandpaper, it should say on the pack whether or not it can be used wet. The block would be really difficult to use, just buy sheets and cut them into squares.

GOOSE

JDM yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow that looks freaking nice... good job mang

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ahh with those clean headlights your now a nice target for police laser! =)

looks nice!!

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So essentially wet sanding is just using wet sandpaper? when you sand, do you use one straight motion? I'm assuming you're not going back and forth like you would sand wood (sorry inexperienced w/ this and i don't wanna f**k it up)

Zenray

7@WOT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think may i will try this with my old covers before i reseal my diy headlights

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
renegadex96 said:
So essentially wet sanding is just using wet sandpaper? when you sand, do you use one straight motion? I'm assuming you're not going back and forth like you would sand wood (sorry inexperienced w/ this and i don't wanna f**k it up)
You sand like you would a piece of wood, I did it on the diagonal like this / and then reversed like this \. Do about 15-20 mins each grit, each direction.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MR99si said:
Ahh with those clean headlights your now a nice target for police laser! =)

looks nice!!
Ehh, they use license plates.......... I thought. :?:

kaace

I'm getting there...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
soak the sandpaper in water...have a hose that you can use to continuously keep water on the lights...its helps clear away the plastic you are sanding off...

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cool thanks guys. I'l be doing this, this weekend. gotta get it done before the white stuff starts to fall

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
renegadex96 said:
Cool thanks guys. I'l be doing this, this weekend. gotta get it done before the white stuff starts to fall
Take your time and don't rush it and you'll get good results.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I tried doing this with an old set of '96-'98 lights... but no luck. There was damage inside the plastic. Like little cracks and stuff. :(

Yours look good though.

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think im gunna go try that this weekend. youve given my wallet hope for not buying new ones.

NewEraImports09

Civic Aficionado
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah thats great and all but do you plan on making this year's meet in CT. What excuses do you have this time dood?!? last year you told me you had no wipers. I definately wanna see at least one of your rides bro. Check out the Northeast regional forum

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NewEraImports09 said:
Yeah thats great and all but do you plan on making this year's meet in CT. What excuses do you have this time dood?!? last year you told me you had no wipers. I definately wanna see at least one of your rides bro. Check out the Northeast regional forum

My excuse last years wasn't b/c I had no wipers LOL, it was raining and I don't drive this car in bad weather. Sorry. And right now it's sitting up on stands in my garage unregistered. The GN is at my buddies place having some work done as well. I apologize.