my interior fuse box is confusing (pic)

yakobm

it's the ground terminal. i'll just look around for another dome light. don't have a soldering kit to fix it up.

RonJ

Banned
The ceiling light receives constant voltage. The light is controlled by the switch, which provides ground for the voltage from the bulb. Test whether the switch is bad.

yakobm

i did a test where i touched a screwdriver to the metal roof and also to the metal on the housing and that allowed the light bulb to light up. i took that to mean that it's an issue with the housing? and if i was able to solder some small metal wire to connect the two permanently then that would be a workaround fix, correct? but it's easier for me to get a different housing all together.

unless i'm completely missing the point... which is a distinct possibility.

RonJ

Banned
My guess is that you can fix the ceiling light you have. Cleaning and tightening the nuts and bolts that secure the housing to the roof may do the trick, though testing the switch is still worthwhile because the switch turns on the ceiling light by grounding it either locally or remotely via the door switch (see circuit diagram above).

yakobm

ok. i'll test the switch and try cleaning the nuts and bolts. if that doesn't work, i'll just get a different housing, and make sure it works before i pay for it. thanks.