My K24/K20 Build 800ish WHP

Buy a new EG, fully restore current EG, or drop in my RSX-S?

• New EG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Restore Current EG

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Drop in RSX-S

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

unix4linux

Hello All,

I was going to be selling my K-series build parts at one point but got a car to do the project with so decided to continue. I created my own web page so that I can blog to it and those interested can run an RSS feed to keep yourself in the loop.

I am a member of various forums so doing the site was easier than to update 4-5 forums each time I have an update.

I'll have lots of pics and details as the project progresses.

Here is the link: http://gvalentin.homelinux.net

Last edited:

Decipher

Registered VIP
Awesome. That is going to be a beast. I'm glad you decided to go through with the build after all the initial bullshit. I will definitely be following your progress on this. Best of luck!

unix4linux

Awesome. That is going to be a beast. I'm glad you decided to go through with the build after all the initial bulls***. I will definitely be following your progress on this. Best of luck!
Thanks...I appreciate it. There will be some tough days but in the end, it'll be worth it.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I still want your GSR motor. Especially if the money is going to go to this project lol

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome: man! I browsed the site, holy fck that's going to be a hell of a build! Best of luck, and definitely keep us all updated!

unix4linux

:welcome: man! I browsed the site, holy fck that's going to be a hell of a build! Best of luck, and definitely keep us all updated!
Hehe....thanks! I am looking forward to the final product. I will def. keep the board in the loop. Thanks again for looking.

unix4linux

Bump for a new update here: http://gvalentin.homelinux.net/Project_Little/Build___HowTo/Entries/2011/11/25_Day_6_-_Sealing_oil_tap_on_girdle.html

I just got the crankshaft back yesterday from balancing and my new Digital Bore Gauge. I am now waiting for the Micrometer, baffle, ERL oil pump, oil chain, oil chain tensioner, and timing chain to come in so that I can start building the engine. I should have it all by next week.

If I at least receive the micrometer by tomorrow, I can start the internal build this weekend =)

kingjmack

94 EX Pimp
Subbed for updates. Awesome work so far!! I'll have to sub to the RSS feed as well. Do you put up the website yourself? I'd love to do something like that.

unix4linux

Subbed for updates. Awesome work so far!! I'll have to sub to the RSS feed as well. Do you put up the website yourself? I'd love to do something like that.
Thanks!!

Yea, I put the site up myself using iWeb on my Mac. It was pretty simple since they already have templates.

As for the car, sigh. I was going over cost to repair the body myself and it's going to cost me more than what I can find another EG for anywhere. I am wondering if I should spend the money on another EG to drop this project in and scrap the EG I currently have or drop in my RSX...what do you guys think?

Another EG or drop it in my RSX???

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good to see another florida member! good luck with the build. if you need any help hit me up.