MY led cluster what i did 99-00

slamDunk

if you fly, im flew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MY led cluster what i did 99-00 ** UPDATED NEW PICS!!

i got these from autolumination.com i order 1 #194 blub and 4 #74 bulbs ( tri power leds). i thought i would need to install an extra led but it looks good to me but the just send me a white 194 led instead of blue.dont worry its on the way until then. does anybody know how to make the needles red??
sorry for the burry pics. no camera skills lol

here ya go dude sorrry it took so long lucky i had and extra tri power led bulb cuz the light went out between the 40mhp n 60. but i put in a new one and BAM!. just buy extras..... sorry there blurry

Last edited:

str8venom99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks good, as for the red needles you can do what i did and paint them with tough up paint or ive seen where u can take out the lens in the top of the cluster and put red blubs in there so theyll light up red at night

heres a pic of my painted needles if it helps

slamDunk

if you fly, im flew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i got some red leds but they dont fit on the top part. well im try son transparent paint and see if it works. so i hav to take out the cover on top for it to shine?

str8venom99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea not the whole top but just that blueish lens which the light comes through has to be cut out

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that looks pretty good man...I just got done doing my LED climate control.

slamDunk

if you fly, im flew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man i painted the 2 light bulbs it doesnt even shine red more like pink loll. i think i just might have to pain them red. on your climate controls u just have to change out 2 bulbs?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i made a custom "harness" for the LED's...i'll post up a how to in a lil bit.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you should IMO leave the top two bulbs stock it allows you to actually see the needles..

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much was the cost for the 5 bulbs? I'm getting tired of my indiglos and have been wanting to go led for awhile now....

slamDunk

if you fly, im flew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea oc i wanted them to be red but i painted the blubs and they shine out pink...lol . but luckly i have and extra cluster with blubs.

C diddy tri powers leds for 4 was 16 bucks and the 194led was 8 bucks. and 5 bucks for shipping

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i always thought this would work.....spraying the needles with some fluorescent paint and then swapping the two top bulbs for ultra violet led bulbs.....never tried it though so i wouldnt know. but your job does look better than i have seen....not as many dark spots.

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Astheros,
it DOES work. I did it in my old EJ6. But you do have to remove the colored portion of the lense up top. Mine had this bluish piece of film under the clear.

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
qwikxr said:
Astheros,
it DOES work. I did it in my old EJ6. But you do have to remove the colored portion of the lense up top. Mine had this bluish piece of film under the clear.
it actually made the needles "glow" almost..

In my old VW golf, I did it, too, but used a 3" long 1/4"diameter neon blacklight.. Worked tons better, than the UV LEDs, actually, now that I think about it..

Sean Gibson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Can u not buy coloured needles? I think yellow needles like the ones in a DC2 ans EK9 would look sick!

squidmaster

pen0r squid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i bought all the bulbs from autozone ($2 for the 194 (two) blue and $3 for the 74 (two) blue) but the screws stripped while I was trying to take off the cover :*(

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so wait all i have to do is order the replacement LED bulbs and replace them like i've seen tons of tuts for? im deff doing this soon, looks alot better.

slamDunk

if you fly, im flew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes make sure you get the tri pwoer leds. #74 it took me about a month to try and do it myself i thought i would haveto run extra led etc. but it think it looks fine to me beside that lil white bulb..lol