My masterpiece in progress!!!

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im going turbo with my car, but i think a supercharged civic would be f**king badass....ive been thinking of the idea for a long time, superchargers i looked at where way cheaper than the turbo kit i'd get

Panathrasher

5+ Year Member
Blazed said:
well as far as s/c's go i would def go with comptech and not jr...
Any specific reasons or just personal preferance :?:

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Panathrasher said:
Any specific reasons or just personal preferance :?:
i don't really have my research down on s/c's..but as far as i have heard some shyts on the jr package have a tendency of cracking or breaking

Panathrasher

5+ Year Member
I've searched all over and can't find any one else who makes a supercharger for my car. Comptech looked like they had one in the developmental stages. They're kind of lagging though. :???:

falcon

uber noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Panathrasher said:
The last time I checked the Mini Cooper weighed about the same as my car does now.
My car: Curb Weight 2782 (lbs) vs Mini Cooper: Unladen Weight 2524 (lbs) and Mini Cooper S 2678 (lbs)
yeah i thought mini's were light too until i checked the specs... not so mini after all!

did you get the car new? hope you got a killer deal cuz the 06 are coming out. ;)

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Panathrasher said:
I've searched all over and can't find any one else who makes a supercharger for my car. Comptech looked like they had one in the developmental stages. They're kind of lagging though. :???:
call comptech... =)

Panathrasher

5+ Year Member
falcon said:
yeah i thought mini's were light too until i checked the specs... not so mini after all!

did you get the car new? hope you got a killer deal cuz the 06 are coming out. ;)
I bought it brand new December of 04, before the info on the new Si leaked out. I only have 13,000 miles on it. I got a killer deal on it though, they gave me like $3,000 more than my trade in was worth. And I still don't regret it. It's a fun car to drive and once I get the supercharger on it it will be a hard car to catch :twisted:

Mangan

5+ Year Member
My friend installed at JR supercharger on his 03 civic SI and wasnt really impressed with the response. Comptech makes good supercharges but everythign by comptech is wayyy overpriced. Id stick with turbo. Im guessing you dont want to run the motor so just make sure you have a GReddy Boost Controller and run it at low psi when you dont wannna rail her. :lol: I guess im just a turbo fan. My buddy just turboed his 7th gen civic, and because of the massiver FMIC and his oil cooler, his temp gauge barely goes above the C. I guess thats good for those hot summer days in northern cali

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turbo.. turbo.. turbo over the SC.. but regardless its nice, I love EP3s.. even if they are heavy and underpowered..

Panathrasher

5+ Year Member
I looked into the Greddy turbo and it was $1500 more for the same results. Comptech doesn't even make a S/C for my car, they snubbed their nose at us lowly Civic owners. :thumbdown

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh that suyx...
i know they make s/c for accord v6's and acrura tl's..that really sux that they dont make 1 for tyhe si though ..hmm..
i hop ethey have something in the works..because the K will eventually blow up...

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
from what i have heard, Jackson Racing doesn't exactly stand behind their products. Much like Spoon, their products are not made in house nor do they even make them. They buy the products from other companys and stick their logo on it and sell it for profit. Jackson Racing superchargers from what I have seen lie to the customer. While they show dyno charts of high HP hondas and such, they run more mods than you would know and they're running race gas with tuned ECU's. Not exactly what you planned on having when you get it. But if you still want to go with the S/C, much like Blazed stated, Comptech would be choice. I wonder though, did Vortech come out with a K-series supercharger...?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I like what I see so far. I love the system...the eclipse sub makes it look very clean. :thumbs up. Keep up the good work bro!

B16A2_CIVIC

Think. Feel. Drvie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know this guy with the same car as you but c/f hood and turbo and it moves when i say it moves it moves

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Panathrasher said:
But then there is turbo lag and the super charger is a way simpler system. There's no intercooler and all the piping that comes along with a turbo. Plus the street legal version has C.A.R.B. numbers so I don't have to worry about any refs. The super charger is also a cold air system so it's not as harsh on the engine as a turbo charger.

Panathrasher said:
, I'm kind of new to the whole forced air thing.
then stop talking out of your ass about s**t you dont know.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's clean .... that's about it.

No masterpiece here. Just another I/H/E guttless wonder.

Panathrasher

5+ Year Member
Eran said:
It's clean .... that's about it.

No masterpiece here. Just another I/H/E guttless wonder.
Gutless wonder??? It is the most powerful 7th Gen stock Honda. And take note of the
"in progress" portion of the title.