ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's Mark but you can call me that too. Thanks man. Taking my time and having may dad teach me how to do this s**t properly so I don't have it look like the previous owners work...

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sorry for the iPhone pics. Got the office walls patched tonight.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
On next weeks "This Old House" episode, Mark will attempt to get the hot tub working and invite Connie over for beers. :naughty:

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looking good import keep up the good work yo

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Looks good mark, doesnt it feel good to get progress done on your own house? it will be a rewarding feeling when you have it almost all done !

keep up the work, more pics !

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn dude, NICE house. NICE back yard. AND came a bball hoop too :thumbup:

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
On next weeks "This Old House" episode, Mark will attempt to get the hot tub working and invite Connie over for beers. :naughty:
Very clever I have to say. Who knows when that thing will be up and running...

looking good import keep up the good work yo
Thanks man.

Looks good mark, doesnt it feel good to get progress done on your own house? it will be a rewarding feeling when you have it almost all done !

keep up the work, more pics !
Thanks Sam. I feel good about it. Just draining my wallet while doing so. Dropped over $400 on a garage door opener, deck stain and 3-5 odds and ends at home depot over the weekend. Have to stop by tomorrow to pick up more drywall compound... But I did get a second coat on the office tonight after I sanded the first one down.

Damn dude, NICE house. NICE back yard. AND came a bball hoop too :thumbup:
Thanks man. That basketball hoop is a total dump. Its so rusted it's not even funny. I will probably end up taking it out at some point.

Its getting there...:thumbs up
Thanks man. Slowly but surely...

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No pics as I left my camera at the house. Finally got the water company to fix the leak in the front yard after about a month and a half, got a garage door opener up and working, office walls are patched and sanded for the most part, first coat of spackle on the master bedroom walls, and got the guest room ready to gut. Hope to get the master walls patched this week and get the guest room gutted and walls done but dont know with company being in town.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well time for some updates with pics. Go all the rooms ripped apart and walls mostly patched. Got cable and internet hooked up and working and started to wire the house. The family room and guest room are wired and working properly. Networking area will be cleaned up and a shelf put in but just need the time to do it. Got all the spindles on the deck stained as of tonight and started on the lattice. After thats done, on to the flat surfaces. Now on to the pics.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Wow, great progress! You are lucky that you have the chance to live outside the house and the funds to get whatever you want done. My dad and I have been living in our house for almost two months now, havent gotten much done. Started on some wiring, waiting on more light fixtures to come in to do more wiring. Then insulation, then painting, then area rugs. None of that compares to what you have gotten done :lol: Sorry, didnt mean to thread jack. What Im saying is you are lucky to be able to get this done EXACTLY how you want.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks man. I am just glad my parents are OK with me still living at home while I take the time to get it done right. I just hate the idea of trying to do some of this crap with furniture in the house. I won't get it all done before I move in, just the family room, dining room and bedrooms upstairs. The landscaping, basement, bathrooms, kitchen, etc will wait for a while.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I think you will be real happy when its all done with.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks. I hope so.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Update time. Got the lines ran for the office but not hooked up. Had other priorities than that. Started to rebuild the corners or the closet in the office and did some of the tape work in the office as well. Got the guest room and master bedroom primed with the first coat so I know how much more patch work needs to be done. Now on with the pics.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Little update. Got the floor of the deck stained along with some more patch work in the office and master bedroom. Closets still need work but I was able to prime the office walls.

3 - Office before

6 - After

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks guys. I'm not the only one of my friends with a house and I am a neat freak so it shouldn't be an issue.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Little update. No pics though. Got the closets primed that I still had some patch work to do in them. In the process of fixing a few more spots then I can prime over them in all the rooms. Got the fans apart in all 3 bedrooms and got the ceiling painted in 2 of them. Edged the 3rd tonight and will paint it tomorrow if I don't get stuck at work. Working on deciding on paint and flooring sucks.