Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Got a new lens so I had to play around.

And now for updates. Bedroom and office ceilings painted. Got the office painted as well. Color is a blue/gray called Raging Sea from Behr .

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It must feel absolutely rewarding owning your own house... I can't wait until I have my own one day.

Looks like some nice clean work that's being done :thumbs up.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks man. It really is. I think it will mean even more when I actually get the flooring down and move it.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Update for those of you that care and are following this. Got the master bedroom edged last night and then painted the rest of it tonight. Color will be a tad different when it fully dries but it is Behr "Gentle Rain." It's a silver/light gray color.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice :thumbs up.

What are your plans for the floor? Should get a ceiling fan too if that's the bedroom, which I'm assuming is the master, I think I saw you say it was earlier in the thread. Ceiling fans are ftw when there's a breeze coming through the windows.

You should just say screw it, move in a bed, desk, tv, computer, order cable/internet, and just live there :lol:. I totally would if I bought a house, even it was bare empty. I would totally live in it with nothing in it just to be able to lol.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Flooring is going to hardwood most likely. That or laminate or bamboo. My top choice right now is this. It's not this "cherry" color in real life though. Once I get the flooring down in the bedrooms and office I will be moving it but my desk is to big and a pain to set up so I only want to do it once. Hopefully that time is some time within the next 2 months.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=202103109&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_sku=202103109&ci_src=14110944&cm_mmc=shopping-_-googlebase-_-D23X-_-202103109&locStoreNum=3812&marketID=156

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Weekend progress. Didn't do anything on Saturday on the house other than order the flooring that will be in in about 3 weeks then I will have to go pick it up. Sunday I got some gutter guards install on the back gutters since my yard is full of trees and so were the gutters. Front is next week.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I dont think a hose will show you the same amount of water as a downpour :lol:

But your parents having them gives them more credibility. Are they easy to remove for when you want to clean them out every couple years?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I dont think a hose will show you the same amount of water as a downpour :lol:

But your parents having them gives them more credibility. Are they easy to remove for when you want to clean them out every couple years?
There are two 3/4" hex head screws per 4ft section. Then just pull them from under the shingles. The pain is getting them back in.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So my 25th birthday was a little over a week ago. Here is my present from the rents

And got a house warming gift today from some family friends of ours.

And got my hardwood in. All 980 sq ft of it. s**t is heavy. Anyway, on with the pics. Oh, and got the guest room painted this week too.
Guest Room

Office

Master Bedroom

Dining Room

Family Room

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Looking good mark. Better get ready to lay some some rosin paper ! Nice to see your updates, havent been on much here in awhile

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Everytime I see this thread, it makes me want to work my balls off and get the money to buy a house.

Good stuff man :thumbs up. Are you doing hardwood throughout the entire house? I personally don't like hardwood in bedrooms but maybe that's just me. I'll probably do hardwood in just the kitchen and main hallways (to and from the front door / garage) in my future home.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looking good mark. Better get ready to lay some some rosin paper ! Nice to see your updates, havent been on much here in awhile
Thanks man. Gonna be a few weeks still until I start the floor. Need to get the walls patched and primered in the dining room, family room, and hall. Then I need to replace the railing that is about to fall apart on the next person that leans on it to hard. lol. Then it will be off to finding all the squeaks in the floor, making sure its flat, then going to town on it.

Everytime I see this thread, it makes me want to work my balls off and get the money to buy a house.

Good stuff man :thumbs up. Are you doing hardwood throughout the entire house? I personally don't like hardwood in bedrooms but maybe that's just me. I'll probably do hardwood in just the kitchen and main hallways (to and from the front door / garage) in my future home.
Thanks. And for the most part it will be soild 3/4in hardwood on the upper floor excluding the 2 full bathrooms and kitchen. When I redo the kitchen we will see what the flooring is going to be. Going between the hardwood I just bought or tile. Just not sure on which yet. I originally wasn't going to do hardwood throughout but then figured if I am doing it, I'm going all out and doing it right. Lets hope the $4700 was worth it...

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Gotcha. Are you leaving it hardwood? Or doing area rugs or anything else in general?

Tiled kitchen isn't bad. It gets cold as hell though. That'd bother me lol. And I ain't the slipper-wearing kind of guy :lol:.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I will be doing area rugs. Just not sure exactly where yet. I know the areas that don't will have felt on the bottom of the furniture so it doesn't scratch the hell out of the floor.

From what I have heard hardwood in a bedroom over the garage is cold but that didn't stop me =) I don't wear slippers. Usually have socks or shoes on but my feet are so rough the cold doesn't bother me.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Updates possible this weekend. Depends on how motivated i am....

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just a little teaser...