My real RHD eg6 build

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ok basically this is the only site I'm gonna bother with a build thread because I'd rather not put it on ImportAtlanta because I'd rather locals not know about it for obvious thievery reasons.
I got a lot of things right now and currently have built my own engine(Don't be afraid it was the 7th one I did last year). I'm also a painter, and a damn good body guy so basically I do everything better than most shops because I've been trained by Body shop Nazi's. I've got the credentials to prove it. But enough about me. A few details.
Car is a Rhd eg6, 131k on it. Came with some weird wheels and Blizzak tires. Body is pretty much immaculate expecially for its age and location. Only 1 door was rusted out. NO body rust or rusty bolts or any rusty hardware. IDK why just that one door but its just the skin and I'm just gonna get a non rusty Southern door for $50. At this point what I know about the car is that the roof and driver quarter has been painted, it looks to have been in a light fender bender in the front because it's had an upper tie bar put in and the paint was a dead giveaway as well as their lack of corrosion protection on their welds. Also on the apron there was a dent they didn't fix when whatever happened to it did. I think its had a hood too and a new front bumper and back bumper. All OEM stuff though. Also I noticed the quarter panel on one side was a little wavy. I took a grinder to the painted quarter panel to find out what the little jap body men had done. It had filler from one side of it to the next. It didn't need nearly as much as was on it and the metal wasn't even dented in just dings so I dunno what they were thinking.
At this point I need mounts and a few random pieces to get the engine going. No big deal since they aren't expensive.Here's kind of a rundown of the setup:
B20/vtec w/ gsr head
84.5mm rs machine "Itr" style pistons
ARP rod bolts w/ rods resized
Bottom end fully balanced and polished
All honda bearings and seals
Gates Racing timing belt
Bisimoto header w/ 2.5" ID
Itr trans bought new from acura, has 2600 miles
Skunk2 pro series IM
Golden Eagle fuel rail
Rc440 injectors
Professional products 65mm TB
Skunk2 tuner series valvesprings and retainers
Skunk2 stage 2 tuner series cams
Skunk2 tuner series cam gears
Exedy stage1 clutch and steel flywheel
Supertech valves
Golden Eagle ls/vtec kit
Apexi WS2

So I'm expecting about 200-210 wheel hp and about 140-150 wheel tq. Thats not far fetched because the one I built identical to it except the other b20 I did had pro2's and it made 227/162 on a dynojet.
Update: Made 226/151 wheel

Exterior is a little more simple. I've got real stuff for the most part:
J's racing front lip
J's racing intake duct
Mugen side skirts
VIS duckbill w/ LED
J's racing tow hooks
All jdm exterior parts b/c thats what it came with
I've already painted the engine bay, the color of the car will be the same color which is Habanero red pearl off one of the new civic si's.

Suspension is not too crazy, I haven't bought some b/c I gotta get the car ready first
D2 coilovers
function7 rear lower control arms
Function7 rear subrame brace
Beaks anodized purple lower subframe brace
Buddy Club camber kit
Password Jdm strut tower bar
Volk CE28n time attack wheels black w/ toyo proxes tires. 15x7.

Well I've gotta take a lot of pictures but I'll give you a few teasers. Also the front end is dirty because of the El Camino that was shipped above it. I'll give you more photo's as time goes on.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
4th Gen Evo behind it on the truck and next to it HAHA.

Anyways, nice start. Not liking the rims.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
4th Gen Evo behind it on the truck and next to it HAHA.

Anyways, nice start. Not liking the rims.
Those are what came on it. They are not volk ce28's. The evo4 is my firends he ordered it. It's for sale btw

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ok a few more pics for today. I don't want put up all pics at once since its a build thread.
A few pics of me doing the engine bay. I've still gotta get the engine in there and tuck the harness and whatnot but here goes a few more pics.

Ok too lazy to take out the subframe because it wasn't a problem getting paint around it anyways. It was cleaned 5 different ways before I even started prepping though.

No filler on paint, only putty over paint, and the gray you see is only etch primer.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Here are a few pics of some of the exterior parts and the engine. I will take pics of other parts as time rolls along for visual stimulation lol
J's carbon intake duct

J's racing front lip

Wings west rs side skirts

Well this is the b20/vtec I built for it. I also did the valve cover with aircraft paint. Durable and pretty. Bastard took a long time to get it all taped up.

I know how everyone likes visual updates so I'll take pictures of other things this weekend.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ok I decided to go ahead and just post up the wheels too since I took the picture at the same time.

Also they are kinda dirty but not too bad. They weigh 9 pounds each without tires so they are really light.

slwrthnu

Car Ramrod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is that a Heineken cap on the motor? lol I'm staying tuned in, because I have a feeling this is going to be legit. I know because I'm also building a b20vtec hatch haha

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^Yep, Heineken. I had a bunch of random beer caps and I decided to go with it on there because it looked the best. Put it on with Hondabond lol.

slwrthnu

Car Ramrod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^Yep, Heineken. I had a bunch of random beer caps and I decided to go with it on there because it looked the best. Put it on with Hondabond lol.
You my friend are the man ha. Not trying to jack your idea but I think I might have to do that haha. But I would definitely use a PBR bottle cap just for some laughs.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^^^I think it looks cooler than a vtec solenoid cover and it will make you think about buying a beer you'd never buy just because of the cool cap. My friend bought $125 worth of 6 packs to cover the roof rack on his vintage rhd beetle. That's where I got a few of mine.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Here are the d2's and the knockoff RMF header with the Function7 lower control arms