My real RHD eg6 build

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you got me hooked, this car is looking so sick, anywhere form it just being an eg hatch, to a b20vtec aka my favoirt honda engine, to the cap on the vtec soleniod and that valve cover looks SO SICKK! keep it up man its looking really good

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ok got something small in the mail today. One of the things before I get ready to do the Bay.

Gonna have a lot of anodized purple under the hood with my shocks and stuff. Gonna have all the fender bolts and bumper bolts with the password purple anodized washers and bolts. Also gonna buy all new hardware for under the hood.

Here is my 98+ spec Itr trans bought new from Acura. It has 2600 miles but it has been sitting in my shed for a while and its dirty and I'll have to clean it up. Gonna be taking it this weekend to get an Ls 5th gear installed.

Also I got some more paint today for my door and hatch jams as well as the underside of the hood. I've got a list of stuff I want before I put the engine in
Here is what I can think of wanting:
New alternator
New distributor
S2000 Clutch master cylinder + spacer
Chasebays clutch line
New oem plugs for all the holes
Mishimoto radiator
Ngk plug wires
Ngk plugs
Drop engineering motor mounts

BoostN_ED7

looking nice so far, i wanna see more pics of the hatch

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I will, its in so many pieces though. I'll try to prime it this weekend and get some pics of her.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ok got my spoiler in today, I think I'll pretty it up a little bit since it is fiberglass and it's a little wavy up top. No big deal I guess. Hope it fits well I don't really feel like tinkering with it too much. But it is made by NRG so if it fits like my other one I'll be happy.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks good, as far as wavy, you could always sand it a bit and throw a coat of fiberglass filler on it and sand it down, maybe do 2 coats of that and then a finish filler, that will help even out the issue....

Good Luck

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Oh I know bodywork, Much better than anyone my age. I've worked in the best shop in the area for years and have worked in shops for over 8 years. I have all the right knowledge and tools. What I'll do since fiberglass filler is garbage and since its not really wavy is blast it down with 80 grit on a DA and then give it a good coat of Metal Glaze filler and then block it out with as long of a block as I can after I knock the top off with my DA. I'll prime it with Dupont Chromaprime and I'll finish it. I'm the most anal person at bodywork I know because I was taught by body work nazi's.

You'll like the outcome, they call me "ace" at work because I just walk up, look at their work and tell them if what they've done is wrong or not lol

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LOL Yea I haven't worked with the Fiberglass filler a TON but I thus far haven't had any issues with it....

Sounds like a good route to go with the DA and such...

Yea in High School I took all 4 yrs of auto body as my universal study... Learned from changing a tire all the way up to welding in filler panel's body work, paint etc etc... Worked at a Auto Body shop right out of high school for a couple of yrs and got out of that industry.... Did some Auto Body contests in school and won all but one because of a bit of over spray on a bed side from a cheap Dupont Single Stage that was not shooting correctly...

Man I miss the Eagle Spray booth we had, we had an old junk one, then 10th grade the school had the budget for a brand new Eagle Spray booth, man it was bad azz!

Anyways lol so yea sounds like we both have some auto body back ground and I forgot to mention the long block part but yea sounds like you got that hands down....

So are you going to keep the same color of the car or new???

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I've got a s**t ton of body work tomorrow to do. I now work on jets and such.
The link to my work is www.internationaljets.com
I'm a painter there and have a lot of work to do on an old Russian war bird to do before I take my trans to get the gear install.
Take a look at pretty pictures lol

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
But the color of the outside of the car will be the color of the bay that I painted it. It is habanero red pearl off an 06+ civic si

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not hating too much but why buy a authentic jdm rig, put a nicely built motor have a pimp ass trans attention to detail like new fender bolts but buy a knockoff duckbill? ps do you think that your anodized purple will flow with red? do you have a picture that you have been inspired by?

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Not really thinking anodized purple will flow with anything under the hood, its just supposed to be tacky and colorful. The duckbill is made by a real company but a spoon one doesn't have a brake light. I want a brake light. I'm not inspired by any of the crapper honda's that are supposed to be nice. Up close most "sick" builds are crap that have a few nice parts but shady work in the paint and body. Real spoon doesn't even always fit...

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well figured out that only the 98+ JDM itr has the 4.7 final drive. I know for a fact that the USDM one has a 4.4 final drive because I took apart the GSR trans I have that I also went to get an LS 5th put in and counted the teeth and they both have 66 teeth on the final drive. So just if anyone is wondering all usdm tranny's have the 4.4 and none have the 4.7 final drive. It's not ever implied that it doesn't have it and most people don't take the time to take them apart. Learn something new every day. I'm actually kind of glad since I like the 4.4 better.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well did some work on the RHD today. I fixed the s**t box door my friend got for me. I couldn't decide whether I wanted to get another one or fix the one he'd gotten for me. But the cheap ass I am decided just to fix it. It took several hours to get it all done. Probably 30 minutes of just metal work to the front of it. I wiped the whole top of the door after taking all the paint off and blocked it with a 16" block for the most part and put some glazing putty on the small ones on bottom.

Also regarding the cheap aftermarket spoiler, it fit like s**t. The other one I have on my other car fits really good. So I decided to take a loss and just get rid of it to my friend for a $30 loss but I'll be buying a VIS one for $277 before shipping off their site. I took a pic of the stock sir one compared to the duckbill. I like both but I'm slightly partial to a duckbill that fits well.

Lots more to come in the next few weeks.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looking good man. you wanna sell that SIR spoiler?

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
OEM thin is what the car came with and no I'm not selling the oem spoiler