need help looking for a good deck!

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Clarion just offers more features and higher quality with less of the flash. I don't give a s**t about the flashyness of a deck, mine just had them, I got what I have because of the features and the sound quality I got, but Todd doesn't seem to believe that Sony has really gotten better. I like alpine speakers and subs, their decks are pretty good, but they haven't seen many updates in the past few years.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i go through decks like most people go through condoms.... i've listened to the new sony's and i'm still not impressed with their sq

nothing agianst you spence, i truly hope you are happy as hell with your deck... and it sounds like you are :thumbs up

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like it better than the alpine by quite a bit, but I would probably have chose clarion over it. If I hadn't got the sony and wasn't looking at sony, I would have chose clarion over the new alpines too.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
it just proves that personal preference > all

Bull

Statue of Chuckerty
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Todd said:
it just proves that personal preference > all

werd,

my next deck however is the new pioneer avin (i think)..............i forget, but it has full navigation, lcd screen plays cd's mp3's and dvd's, links to a satelite to show you exactly how fast you are goin and bunch of other lil s**t, but it is 1600 at dealer cost. hehe

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Clarion is some nice stuff.....always liked their mobile stuff. If you can find one for the price you are looking for then get it....I would. I have a Pioneer in my car now and I love it. Its a older Premier 930, but it sounds great and its built like a tank. If I had to replace it I would probably go with the 8600 or a Clarion. I need to get back into buying s**t for my car audio wise...spend all my extra money on handeling lately for my car.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That Pioneer nav unit is the AVIC-N1. =) sweeeeeett setup!! I generally don't shop for Pioneer but I would like to get my hands on this one. =)

since some of y'all are all into Clarion... we have a waaaayy old school deck. The 9375r. :D:D the original "jumping dolphins" screen savers... hehehe. That thing is hella old. It's what my boyfriend plans to use for his truck. ;)

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
the clarion dxz615 is the deck i'm using right now and you can pick it up for less than $300.... i say that's a steel if you like the deck

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think I'm gonna take a pic of the deck... se if y'all recognize it. but if you haven't been into audio very long, you probably won't. ;) it's sweet though. =)

I chose a system for a friend of mine... and the Clarions weren't "pretty" enough for her. :roll:

She's getting some hella sweet amps though... old, but sweeet! They're the PPI art series amps...

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
ooooooh nice :thumbs up

i have a friend with an original divinci amp... old soundstream ownz the new soundstream

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I remember when the dolphin thing first came out....everyone was like "Oh sweet dude.....the screen moves!!!". Now everyone is like does that allow pictures to be transfered onto it. The advances that have been happening are awesome. Soon the deck will project a hologram version of a music video on your dash.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
hhaha, i also have a full alpine dvd/screen at my house waiting to be installed...

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ what're you waitin' for??

which one?

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

unfortunately, don't have a power supply to hook it up to so i can show what the graphics look like. :( I suppose we could go hook it into a car real quick though. hehe.

Last edited:

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i been looking at the 3 decks right now.. the clarion dxz745mp $240, clarion dxz845mc $265, and pioneer p7600mp $220.

downside of the clarions is that their rms deck power is only 18 but peaks at 53. the 745mp has 4v preamp outputs. the 845mc for being the higher model it has only 1.8v outputs. one thing i like about the 845mc is that you can rip tracks on the 128mb internal memory. the p7600mp just has some nice features and is the cheaper out of the decks i like.

feel free to make any more suggestions on different decks..or comments on my choices..

Last edited:

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hahahahahahaha... RMS power of a deck shouldn't matter anyways. If you have aftermarket mids and highs, they should be on an amp. You're only gonna get a 5 watt gain with a Pioneer. :lol:

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my cheap amp is not pushing my interior speakers enough..every little helps from the deck.. i might get the clarion 745 cause it has 4v for the outputs..kinda sad that clarion made one of their high model cd receiver have a 1.8v for the outputs..

im not really a fan of the clarion remote..but i guess thats how the buttons on the romote are these days..i had a kenwood deck and the remote had number keys so it was easy for me to jump to a different track on my MP3 discs..i have tons of mp3 discs.

Last edited:

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Kinda like my 1200 dollar DVD player that doesn't have crossovers, or a readout to my screen!!! ARGH.

how is it not pushing them enough? what kinda speakers and amp do you have?

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a rockford 300.4 pushing JL xr690 and vr690 speakers. before i gave away my kenwood deck, it had the ability to shut of the internal amp in the deck..when i shut it off and tried to peak out the amp it wasnt loud. i just turn the internal amp back on and with the amp peaked out ..with the sound up there was no distortion at all so im guessing there is enough power pushing the speakers..

hey Akiahara96, got a pic of your setup? i always wanted a screen in setup but with the high theft rate on hondas around here..its really holding me back from getting it but maybe when i get a luxury car

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

DVD player

I really hate that pic, but that's the screen.

Maybe you should look into a JL amp? even my Zapco pushes 50 RMS.. ;) maybe you should look at something comparable?