need help looking for a good deck!

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the jvc's are hot, the pioneer 8600 too. let me know.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my moms boyfriend just got the touch screen JVC.. the one you can DL your own pictures into. It's pretty neat. ;)

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you talking about the flip up touch screen? That thing is sweet. Or are you talking about the KD-LHX500 with voice support?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:

unfortunately, don't have a power supply to hook it up to so i can show what the graphics look like. :( I suppose we could go hook it into a car real quick though. hehe.

omfg.... you have the auto pc..... i'm soooooooooo f**king jealous.............. they ran that deck for 5 f**king years... that s**t is the s**t... i'll keep my eyes open for a power supply for yah... ass :P

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it's not the auto pc... :???: just the brain for the 9375r. :what:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
it's not the auto pc... :???: just the brain for the 9375r. :what:
oh... you're right... well... i was almost incredibly jealous of you... but it's still nice :thumbs up

jameson1686

forever a post whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im a fan of pioneer. their s**t hasn't gone wronge with me yet. A+++ for pioneer

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I WISH it was the auto PC. there was one on ebay for like 250... ;)

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i used to go to my buddies stereo shop every day after work to play with it.... i'd trade my clarion and 2 really nice alpines for one in a heartbeat.... did i mention i have a sh@tload of decks lying around my house?

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ you did. we have a couple too.. the Clarion, a Panasonic, a JVC... ;) Along with a couple subs and amps and crossovers and such. ;)

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
same here... got a few 18 inchers lying around, a pair of RF 12's, an extra JL 10, an Orion 10, 140watt xtant amp, 120 watt soundstream amp, a few sony amps, sub box after sub box.. etc etc etc.. it's fun collecting the shiz

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
wow, i didnt know there was so much clarion love on here... good to hear it though... cuz clarion sorta does kick some ass.....

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ indeed. they don't get enough credit.

Yeah, I like having a stereo shelf. We just sold a bunch of s**t though so there's only like, three woofers, three decks, and an amp... =) Then the crossovers and s**t. I have these MB Quart crossovers that I have NO clue what to do with... they're made the the 6-4-tweet set of components. :what:

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
loccusst said:
Are you talking about the flip up touch screen? That thing is sweet. Or are you talking about the KD-LHX500 with voice support?
that one is nice...but it would suck to use it while eating greasy fries.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im thinking of getting the clarion dxz745 or dxz845... the models in store retail prices are $300+ ..but what makes clarion so good? the last clarion deck on my from 4 years ago crap out on me within 1 year. it slowly had a harder and harder time reading cds..especially lightly scratched ones. my clairion deck when i had 6 years ago had no problem with it though..i guess thats probably why i went back to another clarion 2 years later.. yesturday i talked to someone that i bought some rims from, he works at cuircut city in the stereo department and he said the clarion decks are not so great and people are having problems with them which gave me second thoughts about getting them now.

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you are having problems with your cd player not reading cds, the lens probably just needs cleaned. Its a common problem with any cd player. Does Circuit City sell Clarion? If not, or even if they do, if they don't have a special program with the manufacturer, they're gonna say they are s**t because they won't make as much money selling them. Welcome to the twisted world of salesmen, well, thats how most are at least.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i didnt go to circuit city.. the guy i met yesturday that i bought some rims yesturday, i was talking to him about cars..then he said he worked at circuit city or goodguys..one of those..i forgot..but he said the clarion decks was okay but not that great..hopely the guy can hook it up with a alpine phantom..he said he can get me one for 300 if they were in stock.. looking at the decks around $300..the specs of most decks are nearly the same..so i guess its just taste..

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
clarion makes an awesome quality product, i've used many many many clarion's over the years and have had nothing but love from them. two of my employee's have 16 years between them working in stereo stores and they are both using clarion's right now too... great product, good tuners, good features, good stylings, great crossovoers, good controls, etc etc.....

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Todd said:
clarion makes an awesome quality product, i've used many many many clarion's over the years and have had nothing but love from them. two of my employee's have 16 years between them working in stereo stores and they are both using clarion's right now too... great product, good tuners, good features, good stylings, great crossovoers, good controls, etc etc.....
becuz of my discount, the best i can get is the kenwood touch screen dvd player, the jvc 500 or 700, or the pioneer 8600.