New car

dsettle13

I got this 1997 Honda civic ex coupe. It's white paint is pretty good, body is almost perfect. It's lowered on coils and springs. Has jdm black housed oem headlights, type r front lip and type r spoiler. Windows are tinted really dark. Had the stock d16y8 sohc vtec with cold air intake. Has 17" black and chrome wheels. Interior is perfect. The passenger window you have to help it go up and down not sure why. Do I call it an ek or ej8? Anyways I'm new to the site give me your opinion on the car!

Sorry pictures are horrible quality.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Call it a EJ8. I HATE when people use the term "EK"

dsettle13

Yeah I like ej8 lol. Didn't know which one was right though. I don't like my rims but they have brand new tires so I'm gonna keep them till winters over

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
at least you painted the hood

Decipher

Registered VIP
I feel you on the rims, save up while you ride them out. Only other things I'd loose are the tail lights, hood, and replace the high-rise spoiler for the Si (if I'm remembering correctly, it's like half the height of that one).

Welcome.

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
No offense, the rims look like something that a Jetta would look better with. From an art point of view getting some rims that bring out the smallest color might be good for it, or going with the color of the car. 16's that are either black with a chrome lip (might be cliche) or white. Although being all white might make it bland...

As for your passenger window. It's more then likely the gasket around the window causing it to drag. I have the same issue. You have to constantly move it up and down just to get the window down, right?

Paint the front lip white and the side skirts (are there any? I can't tell) to match the rear lip. Making the car look more complete.

[EDIT] Oh... and the tail lights just seem out of place compared to the rest of the car.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Idk there's something about this car.. I actually like it how it is. It sits really good, and the rims don't look horrific to me.

dsettle13

getting stock tailights first thing, then smaller rims cause they rub bad on some roads.
got two more pictures. my cell phone takes shitty pictures

dsettle13

think i should get white rims? i love the look of all white definitly going with 16s when i can afford it

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
think i should get white rims? i love the look of all white definitly going with 16s when i can afford it
I know how you feel with the 17's... Current tire size is 205/40/R17 and they rub like crazy. My next set of tires will be 205/45/R16
As someone stated on one of my threads...
205/45/16 is the right tire size to maintain fuel mileage, acceleration, etc.
I would say White w/ some offset color lip to give it some flavor (if it goes with it).

Here you go bud.

http://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/WheelDetails.cfm?IDNumber=Launch White Red Stripe (2)&SKU=4645&CheckFit=1

ORrrr....

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?bp=4-100&yr=2000&pc=22542&counter=1&wd=16&rw=7&vid=006795

I personally think the second one will compliment the black on your vehicle (P.S. It shows a 5-lug but in the description is a 4-lug)

dsettle13

idk the first ones are sexy. i was thinking about getting a red tow hook. are those are considered ricey? im new to all this lol

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
idk the first ones are sexy. i was thinking about getting a red tow hook. are those are considered ricey? im new to all this lol
If you are going that route, then yes! the first one. Finding a way to bring out the smallest color is the best in my opinion.

As for the tow hook. I have no clue. I'd say... Why not! It isn't like it's something changing the physic of the vehicle.

dsettle13

Yeah I was thinking mostly white with alittle bit of either red or blue. I'm
16 and don't have a job so any progress will be slow.

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^If you get the right wheels then white would look nice. Car looks good man. If anything change the tails!!