New girl to the site. Any suggestions?

Nizzik

Welcome to Club Civic, Thats an awesome starter car you got there!
A drop and maybe some stock SI's or even GSR blades or something would make such a HUGE difference to the appearance.

DxHatchback

Welcome aboard.

Lower it and keep it clean, simple and functional.

civicmand16y7

Registered VIP
Welcome to Club Civic, Thats an awesome starter car you got there!
A drop and maybe some stock SI's or even GSR blades or something would make such a HUGE difference to the appearance.
i say some LS meshys they would look awsome on a 4dr

DaniGirl

No I'm back! I'm such a busy bee :shocked2:

I'm going to install new camber kit. Buy new wheels. Lower the car. Then move on to the modify the engine a bit. Once I get some of the performance things taken care of I will do interior and get a new stock bumper w/lip.

I'm thinking of painting the car like a midnight purple. I saw some awesome rims with a purple lip. Tint the windows dark. I want to able to enter it into the local car show we have here in Orlando. So its a work in progress :]

EJ6_DMS

glad you got it all planned out, i currently doing my interior.

what plans you got for the interior?

skunk2_joe

car seat = power adder, your set..... im kidding, i have one too, acually i had 2 at one time, theres alot of companies that make adjustable coilovers, i have the skunk 2's and love them, i drive my car year round and have to raise it in the winter time but in the summer time i can lower it back down
haha.

Guess I should consider this skunk brand since it comes up a lot in the conversations I've had with other people who work on cars. Thanks.
:thumbup:

There are a few different ways you can go with lowering your car. Most of anybody on a budget of any kind will go with a lowering spring, espically if its on a daily driver. Shocks are usually in order aswell depending on how much abuse the car has taken over the years and if they have ever been replaced or not. You can also venture in to Coilovers, that will swap out your shock and give you the oprion for adjustment depending on how high or how l;ow you like to go. Some people lifet it up for weather condtions where they are, and some peole slam them to the ground. It's going to varry what your price range bioils down to, and what the overall you are going to use this car for. The only other thing to keep in mind with springs, (if you are going to swap the engine) depending on which one you use it could weigh more and eventually put you lower than you wanted. If you are looking to keep it at a certain stance.

SuperDanny

something else to consider is camber kits, you go too low and you'lll get negative camber, for a daily driver, its hell on your tires

DaniGirl

glad you got it all planned out, i currently doing my interior.

what plans you got for the interior?
Not much for the interior. New sound system. New cd player since I have a stock tape player still... lol Maybe some new gauges. Just keeping it simple to be honest.

DaniGirl

:thumbup:

There are a few different ways you can go with lowering your car. Most of anybody on a budget of any kind will go with a lowering spring, espically if its on a daily driver. Shocks are usually in order aswell depending on how much abuse the car has taken over the years and if they have ever been replaced or not. You can also venture in to Coilovers, that will swap out your shock and give you the oprion for adjustment depending on how high or how l;ow you like to go. Some people lifet it up for weather condtions where they are, and some peole slam them to the ground. It's going to varry what your price range bioils down to, and what the overall you are going to use this car for. The only other thing to keep in mind with springs, (if you are going to swap the engine) depending on which one you use it could weigh more and eventually put you lower than you wanted. If you are looking to keep it at a certain stance.
Well I'm learning as I go. I'd like to replace anything old and put new parts as I work on the car. So if lowering my car requires new parts like shocks or coilovers then I'm willing to do it. It's hard to say what my budget is when I'm learning on what the avg prices are for certain parts. So far lowering kits seem to cost up to as much as $500. I want to spend maybe $100-$200 if thats even considered decent price. But like I said...learning as I go :]

DaniGirl

something else to consider is camber kits, you go too low and you'lll get negative camber, for a daily driver, its hell on your tires
I'm actually buying a camber kit prior to lowering. They need to be replaced anyway and since I need to buy new ones anyway before lowering (so I've been told) then thats my next project right now is replacing those.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome. My question is how old is your child? I see the seat facing forward so I'm assuming she's(seat looks pink, assuming girl), not a baby anymore, or at least young toddler.

I do not agree w/ the lowering only b/c it's not comfortable for the child. Are you and daddy still together? Is this her primary car? I can see it working better if the child wasn't in it often, but not daily. IF you lower I always suggest coilovers, mainly for metastability and COMFORT.

I'll prolly get flamed for this opinion only b/c I'm old and I never think of myself..it's always about others. That and I used to be a teacher.

GL

DaniGirl

Welcome. My question is how old is your child? I see the seat facing forward so I'm assuming she's(seat looks pink, assuming girl), not a baby anymore, or at least young toddler.

I do not agree w/ the lowering only b/c it's not comfortable for the child. Are you and daddy still together? Is this her primary car? I can see it working better if the child wasn't in it often, but not daily. IF you lower I always suggest coilovers, mainly for metastability and COMFORT.

I'll prolly get flamed for this opinion only b/c I'm old and I never think of myself..it's always about others. That and I used to be a teacher.

GL
She rides with me but not all the time. Everyone in my family has carseats just in case so car seats sits in my car but shes rarely riding with me unless shes dropped off or picked up from daycare. Stuff like that.

I'm not looking to lower it ridiculously low either.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm just going to walk away from this before I say correct, appropriate things but piss people off..

SuperDanny

if you lower it right you wont have to worry much, my kids do just fine in my daily driven lowered em1, all 3 of them