New guy with a 2000 Civic EX!

Jas0nEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
FYI, while 43 mpg is way above EPA estimate for the car, I know people that have gotten 50+ mpg without all the mods. Just changing driving habits to essentially simulating what a hybrid motor does.
Well how about getting 43 mpg and driving like a normal civilized person?

Naturally it's your car, do what you want. All I'm saying is that there are mods that are cool, fun, AND efficient.

SilverEXCoupe

Registered lUser
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well how about getting 43 mpg and driving like a normal civilized person?

Naturally it's your car, do what you want. All I'm saying is that there are mods that are cool, fun, AND efficient.
I hear ya, and I may do some mild mods in the future. Just nothing planned now. And for the record I probably won't be achieving 50 mpg, but I think I can easily get low to mid 40s.

There's another guy I know of that made some aero mods to a 92 Hatch, and he gets some unreal mileage. Car look pretty wild though. Check it out.

http://blog.wired.com/cars/2007/12/the-aerocivic-u.html!

McAsshole

5+ Year Member
mine is silver 00 ex too. If i could choose color, i would get white though, but silver is still kool =) keep it cleans aka bone stock.

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dump it on some 15s, turbo, roll cage, put 3 12s in the trunk and get side pipes. no alarm tho
yes! and leave the windows down, doors unlocked, and with the keys and the ignition. dont forget the $20 in the sun visor, so they can get some gas.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes! and leave the windows down, doors unlocked, and with the keys and the ignition. dont forget the $20 in the sun visor, so they can get some gas.
:lol:

thread jack-

nice pick up on those omnis broski

SilverEXCoupe

Registered lUser
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mine is silver 00 ex too. If i could choose color, i would get white though, but silver is still kool =) keep it cleans aka bone stock.
My other vehicle is white. I suppose if I had found the right deal on a white one I would have done it, but I prefer silver anyway.

BTW, with 232k miles how much do guys you think this car is worth? What would you pay?

Jas0nEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My other vehicle is white. I suppose if I had found the right deal on a white one I would have done it, but I prefer silver anyway.

BTW, with 232k miles how much do guys you think this car is worth? What would you pay?
232K is way up there. Maybe a couple grand?

SilverEXCoupe

Registered lUser
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
232K is way up there. Maybe a couple grand?
Well, it was used to commute 80 miles RT every day for the last 5 years. I paid $2500. Not bad in my area considering the good condition that its in. I see Civics needing all kinds of work for the same or more $$$.

airzi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hello and welcome! the guys on here are great. BIG UP clubcivic :D

si-freak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a set of rims would look nice.

or maybe a intake . give it a lil bit of sound

SilverEXCoupe

Registered lUser
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I want to get the oil leak fixed first. I might put some rims on it when I get new tires, so no rush on that. Basically want to get trouble codes cleared so the CEL doesn't come back on.

SilverEXCoupe

Registered lUser
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So up until last night I pretty much kept the RPMs on my Civic below 2500 (driving for efficiency, right?). Well, I was a little late to a meeting, and I had to step on it a little. That was kind of fun. Then on the way home I pulled up next to a 240SX, and I knew he was going to want to go. So I obliged for about 2.5 gears, and then let off the gas. This car is a whole different animal above 3000 RPMs! And to think you guys consider the stock 1.6L slow! I guess this is how it starts, huh?

The Russian

Mugen Wannabe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hahaha, wait until you start taking it up to 6000 just to see what it feels like, THATS where it starts ;)

The Russian

Mugen Wannabe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hehe, see this is where the civic starts to infect your life. Pretty soon you'll have a JDM bodykit, type-r spoiler and massive 18" alloys like everybody else seems to ;)

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hehe, see this is where the civic starts to infect your life. Pretty soon you'll have a JDM bodykit, type-r spoiler and massive 18" alloys like everybody else seems to ;)
not so much on the 18's....

and the only way to have a type-r spoiler, at least with civics (96-00), is if you have a hatchback, if you want to get technical, this guy has a coupe. a mugen spolier, although, would have a nice touch.

and also, i think saying "jdm bodykit" is an oxymoron.

The Russian

Mugen Wannabe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

and the only way to have a type-r spoiler, at least with civics (96-00), is if you have a hatchback, if you want to get technical, this guy has a coupe. a mugen spolier, although, would have a nice touch.

By type-r spoiler i mean the one that looks like the stock but taller, obviously i have the wrong one. This thing.

Either that one or this one, which is even nastier.

Thought that was the type-r spoiler? Or is that the SI spoiler?

SilverEXCoupe

Registered lUser
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

LOL, not so much on the 18" rims for me either. And no spoiler or bodykit either. I have plenty of things I can do to it though.