New to ClubCivic heres the ride.

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
Yeah.. whoever had it before me beat it up pretty bad, dings and scratches everywhere. Im getting it dropped when i get my vacation pay from work (a week or two) so i'll definitely have pics of that soon.

And i definitely want it painted, i really hate looking at all those scratches and dings more than anything.

What is the best way to lower your car?
I saw some eibach springs for $249 - that a good deal?
IMO, appearance is less important than how it runs. If the previous owner beat it up cosmetically, think about what abuse the engine could've possible went thru. Get a tune up first, unless you already did...
The best way to lower it would be fully adjustable coilovers. Lots of people drop a car with just springs, but your shocks are gonna wear out eventually if you do that so why not just save a little more and go full coilover?
I vote some shade of blue for the paint.

mahalo

formerly egninesallday
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
save your money and get a quality full coilover set. you wont regret it i promise!i think function and form type ones are lik 700 or so. there ride quality is fantastic and you can scrape your oil pan on flat ground if you want to.

PasswordJDoM

Dominic
IMO, appearance is less important than how it runs. If the previous owner beat it up cosmetically, think about what abuse the engine could've possible went thru. Get a tune up first, unless you already did...
I vote some shade of blue for the paint.
I agree with the performance over appearance deal. But yeah the first thing i did was get an inspection and tune up. And a couple weeks later blew a gasket.. haha warranty covered it though :lol:

I was kinda thinking blue as well. Either some kinda dark shiny blue or a super dark shiny black. I think white rims would look good on either color.

PasswordJDoM

Dominic
save your money and get a quality full coilover set. you wont regret it i promise!i think function and form type ones are lik 700 or so. there ride quality is fantastic and you can scrape your oil pan on flat ground if you want to.
Haha nice. Yeah i think ill head over to suspension plus tomorrow and see what deals they have on coilover kits.

PasswordJDoM

Dominic
okay, so i got the new head & tails on.. here they are

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

please excuse the hideous rear bumper haha.
and i bought it like that,.. I dont even know how someone could do that?

PasswordJDoM

Dominic
Yeah but i only have $600 and i was planning on getting a few things for my car, so if i could find some cheaper reliable coilovers it would be great, around $400 at the most. I was gonna get skunk2 for $270 but i heard they blow.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
F&F is gonna be the cheapest you can get.... try going to the site vendors, they have great deals on F&F's.

and are the headlights chrome now? Not really feelin' any aspect of the car really.... Work in progress though I know, good luck with it..... should have went with less shiney headlights and tails but... your car, enjoy.

If you want lower and cheaper, id suggest skunk2 springs/shocks.... cheap and high quality, they are stiff though.

and OP, one thing to keepp in mind is the LCA bolts absolutely love to seize up and end up breaking off.... so just remember, this can leave you out a car for a while waiting for new control arms to come in. I will replace all at once when I get my F&F's.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET COILS FOR 400 DOLLARS.

JDMJNKY

Banned
Good updates, welcome aboard. I'll be honest, and only saying this because I read you talking about suspension. I'd rather invest money into paint correction first. To me that brings appreciation for the mods to follow.

PasswordJDoM

Dominic
Good updates, welcome aboard. I'll be honest, and only saying this because I read you talking about suspension. I'd rather invest money into paint correction first. To me that brings appreciation for the mods to follow.
Yeah but since i plan on taking it to the track in a couple weeks i can hold out on paint for a couple months hah
but i hear what your saying, it makes me not like the car as much just because of the cosmetics.

PasswordJDoM

Dominic
If you want lower and cheaper, id suggest skunk2 springs/shocks.... cheap and high quality, they are stiff though.

and OP, one thing to keepp in mind is the LCA bolts absolutely love to seize up and end up breaking off.... so just remember, this can leave you out a car for a while waiting for new control arms to come in. I will replace all at once when I get my F&F's.
I heard skunk2 coilovers suck..

yeah im gonna get some skunk2 lcas though and a beaks lower tie bar.