New to forum...new to 2002 Civics

jimj90

5+ Year Member
Hey everyone!

I'm new....not new to Civics...but new to NEW ones....LOL...

My last civic was a 91 Si hatchback with a DOHC ZC swap that I did myself.

that was about 7 years ago..

got out of tuning........and now I own a civic for gas mileage purposes.....and hey...since I had to get one....I got one with some nice 17 in. rims and some mild mods....to keep it fun.

anyway...

I have some issues.

1. Engine light on. Re-set it....tightened gas cap..still came on 2 days later. HOW much is an air sensor?
2. How hard is that "short shift adapter" from ebay to install?
3. How do you remove the cluster? (I might pull the check engine bulb)

4. my driver seat belt is doing that thing where it doesnt click in until the 3rd or 4th try....does this mean my SRS light will come on??? what should I do?
5. how do you upload pics? I wanna show you guys my ride!

thanks!
Jim

ThaJokaa

Buildin..???
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
welcome back to the civic family

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
welcome back welcome back, welcomee backk!

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
welcome
you can post pics with photobucket or some other image host

falcon

uber noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
umm #4 i can answer.

take it to the dealers. honda has a lifetime warranty on seat belts. they will fix it for you for free.

#5 imageshack.us

oh and welcome =)

jdmspivic

Go Ahead Shoot Me b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welcome nooblet and run away while you still can lol

jimj90

5+ Year Member
here it is! Anyone know how to remove the cluster? Everything on the dash is so seemless!

hondagriff

Banned
Two screws on the top inside of cluser benzel. Remove screws and pull hard, serve with gin and squeeze of lime. After that you'll see the next set of screws on the cluster.

jimj90

5+ Year Member
COOL!....seems way easier than the old 4th gens.....

hey....anyone know the pros and cons of pulling the "check engine" bulb???

will that air sensor....or the fuel system leak or whatever...affect performance or gas mileage or anything???

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you pull the CEL bulb off you won't know what might go wrong later on, i defintely don't reccomend pulling the bulb out. Fix the problem then reset it.

tunerkid7

5+ Year Member
as far as pulling the check engine light there is a way to reset it. I know honda-tech.com has a little article in the FAQ's i beleive. i would check there. I think, so dont quote me

Hold odometer button down turn igition on hold for 10 seconds and it goes away. Not totally sure so check there

jimj90

5+ Year Member
Thanks,

I went to that forum and found it on the FAQ.....but when I went there....the pics were dead....and they didnt have written instructions. Maybe I'll search yahoo for reset the engine light or something.... I know I can just disconnect the batter for a few minutes right?

jimj90

5+ Year Member
thanks for the warm welcome!!!

Hey guys....how are you drilling holes in your quarter panels for side markers???

I did it crudely on my 91 back in the day.

is there a neat guaranteed nice way of cutting a hole without screwing anything up?

ThaJokaa

Buildin..???
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not sure on that oe i kno that the jdm fenders come with side markers

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea, you can't just pull the check engine light bulb out, you have to pry it out, at least thats how the maint req'd light is and all the other ones I looked at around it. Do you have an aftermarket exhaust on it? And if you do is it a full exhaust, like headers all the way back?

jimj90

5+ Year Member
no exhaust at all.....and not planning on it yet...I'm enjoying the quiet. :-) I dont really like the WEAK little tube sticking out the back.....I was thinking of maybe having some stainless steel BIGGER pipe come out and slash cut it up.....kinda like a 5.0 mustang...I know...not usually what a tuner would do...but I'm really not a total tuner anymore.

jimj90

5+ Year Member
Hey Dulce......I'm thinkin about getting a black mesh grill like you have. Do you have a pic from the front??? thanks!