new track car!!!!

EF Honda EF

Me and another CC member (slowcivicEG) bought a 1991 CRX si today for 400 dollars, gutted it completely except for the 2 front seats and the dash, it weighs 1880 pounds with a 1/2 tank of gas, we took it to capitol raceway today and ran high 14's low 15's consistanlty. We have a turbo that we are going to put on it this week.

pics of the turbo and manifold

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That doesn't look like a crx!!!

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea we are going to work on getting the turbo on this week, we still need injectors, and to run oil feed/return lines and coolant feed/return lines, we have an intercooler from a turbo elclipse, a charge pipe courtesy of kyle10182, thank you. We are using a turbo xs manual boost controller, hks bov and autometer boost gauge all from my rx7. Best run of the night was a 14.9 with still more interior parts due to come out and the turbo to go on. Will get pics of the REX itself tomorrow.

EF Honda EF

We are also planning on taking out the rear window and replacing it with lexan. For even more weigh reduction. We are going to have the down pipe coming out the front bumper. We are looking for some wheels. Light weight ones really. and injectors. Im pumped, this thing is stock and will beat most of you ZCers out there and we have a turbo on the way. 14.9 to start off with

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We will keep this thread updated with pictures of the turbo install that will be happening this week, and hopefully ready to run next week if we can get some nice injecters. So far this project has only cost us, 500dollars with 400 of that being for the car.

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice man, look foward to updates ^_^

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ahhh.....now I see the first two pics....

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
slowcivic E G said:
a charge pipe courtesy of kyle10182, thank you.
that guys a f**kin d**k head!

yea, rip that damn dash out. have you done a compression check? it may be worth your while to do that, and a timing belt if u want it to last a little longer...

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kyle10182 said:
that guys a f**kin d**k head!

yea, rip that damn dash out. have you done a compression check? it may be worth your while to do that, and a timing belt if u want it to last a little longer...
Thanks kyle, we'll look into those things, and yes the dash will be coming out soon, I think the test fitting of the turbo may be today, just need to do something about that possible leak and oil return to the oil pan, other than that we have everything ready. It backfires so much and so loud how it sits now.

EF Honda EF

Here are some more pictures of some work that we did on the manifold and flange on the turbo. Also some pictures of the car how it sits now.
the exhaust side would of leaked because of the shape of the flange. Our manifold has a stright flange so we had to fill in the area with jb weld. Hope it holds up to the heat.

TD04H. Off a volvo form the junk yard

Our exhaust setup for the track

Before anything was touched... Oh yea look at our battery hold down. Capital raceway says its a fire hazard

[

Hope you like it so far.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you should post your time in the 4th gen 1/4 mile thread.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
if you need a video, my camera takes videos. what are you doing about piping? its really best not to have a lot of couplings. they can cause trouble. im sure steve knows all about that...

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kyle10182 said:
if you need a video, my camera takes videos. what are you doing about piping? its really best not to have a lot of couplings. they can cause trouble. im sure steve knows all about that...
yea a few vids would be real nice, and i do know alot about too many couplings on turbo cars, but if its done right, on only a few pounds of boost it shouldnt be too big of a deal, dont know exactly how we're going to do the piping. what are u up to right now?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i caint wait till i can drive agine. finaly drive down to maryland again.