non conformist onboard

Jerseystyle1

The Slow and The Curious!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want to do a swap as well, but I don't know about all of this frankenstein crap. Oh I need axles from this car, motor mounts from that car and I have to wire this crap up...Blah Blah Blah. I mean, is it really that much of a pain in the ass????

sookybomb

semper fidelis
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im keepin the d ill get out of it what i canif it turns out to be not worth it ill go with the h series once i can figure out what all i need for the complete swap.its always like"oh yea you need radiator hoses also".but the h is my ultimate goal i think the b is like a waste of time.why is a type r engine 3 grand more if the H series has better numbers?is it the word type r or is it the red valve cover.or maybe cause you have to change the front springs or something.i guess im ranting again

Jerseystyle1

The Slow and The Curious!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by sookybomb
why is a type r engine 3 grand more if the H series has better numbers?is it the word type r or is it the red valve cover.
:wstupid: I was wondering the same s**t! WTF:what:

Silver-Shooter

silveRShooter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by sookybomb
im keepin the d ill get out of it what i canif it turns out to be not worth it ill go with the h series once i can figure out what all i need for the complete swap.its always like"oh yea you need radiator hoses also".but the h is my ultimate goal i think the b is like a waste of time.why is a type r engine 3 grand more if the H series has better numbers?is it the word type r or is it the red valve cover.or maybe cause you have to change the front springs or something.i guess im ranting again
its the weight and the cost/ease of the swap.

rumracer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
D all the way. Can get good number just have to plan right
k

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
D series.... cuz i ain't made out of money

DelSho

i love gooold!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my car is a gas saver, and i don't race people on the roads so it's all good. D series!!!! for now.

pacifico

Banned
Ive used to have a y8 and was pleased with it for awhile but I kept getting my ass handed to me. I had all of the bolt ons, a cam,vafc ,no power steering or ac ,and it was dyno tuned . The most it ever layed down at the wheels was 132. To me, all that work and money just wasnt worth it. I know have a b18c5 and Ill never look back. It was just a waste of money. The only way to get respectable hp is turbo but youll still loose to a b series turbo. Just remeber two cams is better than one.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
well all u had was bolt ons and a cam... what did u expect??

pacifico

Banned
Originally posted by anfrey
well all u had was bolt ons and a cam... what did u expect??
What did I expect? I guess just like everyone who has a single cam. DO some work on it and youll have a "race car". Atleats I thought that when I was 17. Bolts on and s**t like that are a waste of money for a sohc. The only way to get reasonable power is a turbo but I used to beat sohc turbos with my old b16. Im simply stating that Ive owned one and to me its justa waste!

LiLCivicSpEc

LoNe RaCeR #1
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mah D16 owns meh and i luv it :D but sooner or later i'm gonna swap it unless theres alot of Hope u can get out of the D16 then Swappin isnt a issue in mah mind ^_^

BigWilly

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
D16Y8 all the way!

I'm just starting to work on my D16. I thnk this will suit me fine for now.

Zeo

CCSC #41
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stand back- most non-conformist right here- i not only have a d series it is a d14a8 not only that it is also a sedan biatch.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i'm stickin with the d16.. it'll only cost me $300 or so if i blow the engine

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mmmm..... H22 in the Civic. I wish I had a b-series. My d16 is alright for now, but I'd really rather have a B18C1 or some other b-series. *sigh*

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
will any b'series do??? how about a b20a3 or a b20a5?? lol

Reallynicecivic

Trance = Reallynicecivic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ya'll should listen to yourselfs.. This thread is starting to sound like one of those Domestic Vs. Import arguements...

" Oh my V8's better than your 4 banger , etc etc "
" I've seen a 10 sec civic whoop a viper. "

Except you guys are refering to all the different Honda serie engines. I understand that I have a D series engine. I also understand that it doesn't put out as much power typically than a B or H series engine , however.. I'ma modify it to the best of my ability. Maybe I'll beat someone with a B series sometime. But you have to remember things like that do happen all the time and anythings possible. I respect all the different types of engines that Honda / Acura manufacture just as well as respecting domestics. I may like something better , but I'm not going to downplay something else just cause...

Take a noob , put him in a Honda NSX Type R ... Then take a professional racecar driver and put him in a 6th Gen Civic DX and see who wins. Hope my point was made.

Page 92 March issue of Import tuner #60 ( quote below )

" Let's not forget , Bisi Ezerioha still sports the SOHC in drag competition and hold's a title of third fastest FWD naturally-asperated Honda in the world. "