10+ Year Member
I say hood, roof, and trunk...

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I beg to differ.

Slammed with an airwalker bumper = win.
Airwalker bumper with no intercool = FAILx3. And we are talking about a Civic sedan here. A car that was built to be fuel efficient, and carry more than 2 people. There is absolutely NOTHING aggressive looking about a fuel efficient car made to carry 5 people. Your idea of aggressive may be 200hp, and that might be why you disagree. That's fine. My idea of aggressive is a car that nears gallons per mile at WOT......not 35mpg.

emerican

Registered VIP
if you are just going to overlay it, just go buy a plastic sticker and do it for cheaper. Since you are adding it to the car, it's just going to add weight, instead of reduce it like true cf parts. Also, it would take a lot of time to do this properly. So if you don't have another car to drive for a month, then you will rush it and it will look like crap.

My vote: No
Very good points. It will add weight so that use of true cf is gone. It will also take forever and someone who knows what they are doing to lay it down if not it will look like s**t have air bubbles wrinkles and everything else.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What I would like to know is... Why would you wrap something in CF to make it look like CF instead of just saving up and buying real CF.... It's lighter = weight savings. And I don't wanna hear "because I can't afford it". That's why I said "saving up" :lol:.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Airwalker bumper with no intercool = FAILx3. And we are talking about a Civic sedan here. A car that was built to be fuel efficient, and carry more than 2 people. There is absolutely NOTHING aggressive looking about a fuel efficient car made to carry 5 people. Your idea of aggressive may be 200hp, and that might be why you disagree. That's fine. My idea of aggressive is a car that nears gallons per mile at WOT......not 35mpg.
So then according to you, a Ferrari isn't aggressive when in your earlier post you said the car posted looked good with the wrap because it's an aggressive car like a Ferrari? Because a Ferrari does not near gallons per mile at WOT. A Veyron is probably one of the very few cars that would near your description of aggressive.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So then according to you, a Ferrari isn't aggressive when in your earlier post you said the car posted looked good with the wrap because it's an aggressive car like a Ferrari? Because a Ferrari does not near gallons per mile at WOT. A Veyron is probably one of the very few cars that would near your description of aggressive.
Top fuel dragsters get .32 MPG at WOT.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You also can't daily drive a top fuel dragster and isn't a realistic car to own. That is if we're talking cars to own.

If we're just talking aggressive looking cars.. Well then. A top fuel dragster doesn't look aggressive to me at all. It just looks efficiently aerodynamic lol.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay, so I went to visit my mom and was talking to her boyfriend when I found out he got a 60in x 100ft roll of heavy duty carbon fiber wrap from an auction for like 200 bucks... Being heavy duty, people often cover their cars in it, but those cars are usually supercars, not Hondas... Im thinking of covering my car in it, it looks like the real thing, not like a print out that you get on cheap wrap. First I gotta bondo the cars dings then Im good to go with it. My question is.... Should I do the deed?

Oh and this car has the same wrap on it to give you an example.

eh, don't waste your time, unless bringing attention to your car is what your about.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
What I would like to know is... Why would you wrap something in CF to make it look like CF instead of just saving up and buying real CF.... It's lighter = weight savings. And I don't wanna hear "because I can't afford it". That's why I said "saving up" :lol:.
This is something I can agree with. If your car is going to look ridiculous, at least get some functionality out of it.
Excuse me for exaggerating a little bit. Regardless, like I said, a four door economy car is FAR from aggressive.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do it, just be selective in doing certain parts. Mix it with black or what ever other color you like.

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
even on that ferrari it looks horrible. its too much CF and takes away from the effect of it

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Carbon Fiber wrapped house?

[YOUTUBE="Smashlab"]uQyE3YlaU3k[/YOUTUBE]

LaPlaca92

^ ROFL... Well I just got off work and to my surprise I had 3 pages to read. I read everything and came to the conclusion that I will get a new paint job (black metallic) when I can afford to blow the money needed for that, and then cover the hood. Thats it. I won't do the trunk cause I think that looks kinda retarded imo. I also might cover the lip, some other ABS plastics on the car, like the factory skirts, soon to come rear lip and maybe some parts of the interior if I ever get round to replacing those poop brown cloth seats in my car or it would just look stupid...

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cover your hood, roof, and maybe trunk and call it a day.
I say this.....

those cars arnt wrapped in carbon fiber, they are constructed of carbon fiber
Actually that car is wrapped bro... Check out the website all over the wall it is parked in front of...

^ ROFL... Well I just got off work and to my surprise I had 3 pages to read. I read everything and came to the conclusion that I will get a new paint job (black metallic) when I can afford to blow the money needed for that, and then cover the hood. Thats it. I won't do the trunk cause I think that looks kinda retarded imo. I also might cover the lip, some other ABS plastics on the car, like the factory skirts, soon to come rear lip and maybe some parts of the interior if I ever get round to replacing those poop brown cloth seats in my car or it would just look stupid...
If for any reason you still do this, don't just BONDO your car then wrap it.. You would want to paint it properly and THEN you would wrap it because if you bondo it, then seal it, you risk rust....

But I still say kinda what you said, have fun with it and do parts here and there as an accent....

LaPlaca92

Yeah I came to the realization about bondoing the car today at work and went "f**k, I still gotta paint it!" To be honest, I was just going to cover it as a cheaper alternative to painting the little grocery getter.. Seeing as I have to paint it anyway, im just gonna make it look legit.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
But I still say kinda what you said, have fun with it and do parts here and there as an accent....
This ^^^ Just do like the hood. Or maybe hood/trunk/roof. The whole car in CF would look dumb as well as just purely overdone.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I won't do the trunk cause I think that looks kinda retarded imo.
So wait wait.....you were planning on wrapping your entire Civic sedan in carbon fiber....but you think that just getting the hood and trunk done would look retarded?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Excuse me for exaggerating a little bit. Regardless, like I said, a four door economy car is FAR from aggressive.
Hey hey screw you buddy!!! This be the internet. It be srsbsns.