Obama wins nomination!!!!

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- In what he called a "defining moment for our nation," Sen. Barack Obama on Tuesday became the first African-American to head the ticket of a major political party.
art.obama.ap.jpg

Sen. Barack Obama on Tuesday told supporters he will be the Democratic nominee.
Click to view previous image
1 of 2
Click to view next image

Obama's steady stream of superdelegate endorsements, combined with the delegates he received from Tuesday's primaries, put him past the 2,118 threshold, CNN projects.

"Tonight we mark the end of one historic journey with the beginning of another -- a journey that will bring a new and better day to America," he said.

"Tonight, I can stand before you and say that I will be the Democratic nominee for president of the United States." Video Watch Obama say he'll be the nominee »

Obama's rally was at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minnesota -- the same arena which will house the 2008 Republican National Convention in September.

Speaking in New York, Sen. Hillary Clinton, congratulated Obama for his campaign, but she did not concede the race nor discuss the possibility of running as vice president.

"This has been a long campaign, and I will be making no decisions tonight," she said. Video Watch Clinton congratulate Obama »

There were reports earlier in the day that she would concede, but her campaign said she was "absolutely not" prepared to do so.

Two New York lawmakers also told CNN on Tuesday that during a conference call Clinton expressed willingness to serve as Obama's running mate in November.

One source told CNN that Clinton told those on the call that if asked by Obama, she would be interested in serving as his running mate.

One of the lawmakers said Clinton's husband, former President Bill Clinton, has been pushing the idea privately for several weeks.

The Clinton campaign maintains the New York senator merely said she would do whatever is in the party's best interest, and that her comments Tuesday are no different than what she has been saying for weeks.

Clinton said she would meet with supporters and party leaders in the *coming days to determine her next steps. She also asked people to go to her Web site to "share your thoughts with me and help in any way that you can.

CNN has projected that Clinton will win the primary in South Dakota and Obama will take Montana. Those states marked the final contests in the primary season.

Obama praised Clinton's campaign. He has been speaking favorably of the New York senator as his focus has turned toward the general election and his battle against John McCain, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee.

"Senator Hillary Clinton has made history in this campaign not just because she's a woman who has done what no woman has done before, but because she's a leader who inspires millions of Americans with her strength, her courage, and her commitment to the causes that brought us here tonight," he said.

Diving into general election mode, Obama turned his attacks to McCain, saying it's "time to turn the page on the policies of the past."

"While John McCain can legitimately tout moments of independence from his party in the past, such independence has not been the hallmark of his presidential campaign," he said.

"It's not change when John McCain decided to stand with George Bush 95 percent of the time, as he did in the Senate last year."
advertisement

Earlier Tuesday night, McCain portrayed himself as the candidate of "right change."

"No matter who wins this election, the direction of this country is going to change dramatically. But the choice is between the right change and the wrong change, between going forward and going backward," he said in Kenner, Louisiana.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:thumbup:

ryanM

yesss!

exciting, i think he will take it.

i was worried about hilary, she had a lot of supporters, but i think she's scary. so if she would have got the ticket, i probably wouldnt have voted.

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If Hilary became president i wouldve moved to Canada. Props to Obama. Itll be interesting the rest of the year.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yesss!

exciting, i think he will take it.

i was worried about hilary, she had a lot of supporters, but i think she's scary. so if she would have got the ticket, i probably wouldnt have voted.
I'm with you on that. I truely believe mccain doesnt have a snow balls chance against obama. For so long a big portion of our country have been pissed off at the republican party and I beleive this will help obama to be the next pres.

ryanM

I'm with you on that. I truely believe mccain doesnt have a snow balls chance against obama. For so long a big portion of our country have been pissed off at the republican party and I beleive this will help obama to be the next pres.
yea, he's just WAY too much like bush, and no one wants another bush.

I've always been a democrat, but i keep an open mind, and if i really think the best candidate is the republican one, i will support them, but with mccain that is not the case...

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Does anyone realize how crazy Obama is vs. Clinton?

I feel like some people are so excited to get a black president that they are willing to settle for a nut case like this guy. its a god damn shame he's up against a piece of s**t like McCain, but i still think that a liberal republican is better then a wing nut like Obama.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

I feel like some people are so excited to get a black president that they are willing to settle for a nut case like this guy.
As long as McCain doesn't win I'll be excited

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

I feel like some people are so excited to get a black president that they are willing to settle for a nut case like this guy. its a god damn shame he's up against a piece of s**t like McCain, but i still think that a liberal republican is better then a wing nut like Obama.
You've got be f**king kidding me.

I'd rather have another 4 years of Bush then f**king Hilliary or McCain.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its all over for us now

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea, i dont want McCain to win either. His biggest recent "accomplishment" is the surge in Iraq.

How silly is that? He supported George Bush's idea. and it worked.

I'm pretty sure he has a good chance at winning. it will be very close, i'm sure. He's so liberal, he will get a lot of people who are just unsure about a young naive far left inexperienced senator becoming president. not to mention the constant examples of his lack of good judgment (particularly his church of choice). A lot of Hillary's voters have said that they will go to McCain if she did not win the nomination. But, Obama has a lot of people who love the sound of "change" even if they don't know what the change will be.

It seems like he has a lot of the young voters. I'm a first time voter, and i can tell you that a lot of the people i know my age that say they will vote for him have no clue what to say when i ask "why?" they dont know any of his feelings on foreign policy, etc.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Shot at 2008-06-03

ur an idiot

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea, i dont want McCain to win either. His biggest recent "accomplishment" is the surge in Iraq.

How silly is that? He supported George Bush's idea. and it worked.

I'm pretty sure he has a good chance at winning. it will be very close, i'm sure. He's so liberal, he will get a lot of people who are just unsure about a young naive far left inexperienced senator becoming president. not to mention the constant examples of his lack of good judgment (particularly his church of choice). A lot of Hillary's voters have said that they will go to McCain if she did not win the nomination. But, Obama has a lot of people who love the sound of "change" even if they don't know what the change will be.

It seems like he has a lot of the young voters. I'm a first time voter, and i can tell you that a lot of the people i know my age that say they will vote for him have no clue what to say when i ask "why?" they dont know any of his feelings on foreign policy, etc.
x2.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You've got be f**king kidding me.

I'd rather have another 4 years of Bush then f**king Hilliary or McCain.
I, as a Conservative, would NEVER support a Hillary or Obama type. But for sometime, I thight tio myself "Obama is more genuine then Hillary and wuld be better, IF I had to choose one of the two evils".

But after watching an old YouTube debate, I am agreeing with Hillary: Obama is a naive, lacks the political experience to be President.

Iin response to the question what would he do if 2 major US cities are Nuked, he says nothing about finding out who did it and retaliating, only that he'd make sure the survivors were properly cared for. How ridiculous is that?!?! This guy is basically saying to terrotrists: come and use a Iranian gift nuke and detonate it in the USA and we will do nothing. How pathetic is that?!? Even Hillary would do something!!

The only reason this guy gets any attention is because he's a talented motivating speaker, which to me, means nothing.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

what's the difference in having a Black dumbass pres or a white dumbass pres :what: I mean s**t, the last few whites have f**ked everything up so far...... how much more can this nigga f**k s**t up? f**ken retard! :retard:

to me, Obama just seems the less corrupt out of them all. White people just can't stand to have a black man run s**t and that's the god honest truth. As long as we don't have an Asian president I don't give a f**k! :lol:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I, as a Conservative, would NEVER support a Hillary or Obama type. But for sometime, I thight tio myself "Obama is more genuine then Hillary and wuld be better, IF I had to choose one of the two evils".

But after watching an old YouTube debate, I am agreeing with Hillary: Obama is a naive, lacks the political experience to be President.

Iin response to the question what would he do if 2 major US cities are Nuked, he says nothing about finding out who did it and retaliating, only that he'd make sure the survivors were properly cared for. How ridiculous is that?!?! This guy is basically saying to terrotrists: come and use a Iranian gift nuke and detonate it in the USA and we will do nothing. How pathetic is that?!? Even Hillary would do something!!

The only reason this guy gets any attention is because he's a talented motivating speaker, which to me, means nothing.
Because that question was a lose-lose sitation.

Look where we are when we went looking for the people who attacked us. People are still complaining that people didn't get the right care.

He knows it's better to care for 2 nuked cities then to go after who attacked us. You'll have MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS, if not TENS OF MILLIONS of people. It's not saying "come attack us!" it's saying "Pull together, and help these people in times of need."

Then please, explain why McCain is against giving military servicemen and women money for college? I'm sorry, I think they deserve it. He's shown time and time again that he's against VA benefits. He voted 3 times against an amendment that would increase medical care for veterans to 2.8billion, then he shot down the one for 1.5 billion. These were to be funded by closing loopholes in corporate taxes.