OFFICIAL: OEM 96-98 Discontinued Rear Lip Owner's Thread

Illegal

New Zealand
5+ Year Member
I used to have the fron tand rear lip on my 98 green coupe. Loved it. Honda oem baby.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I used to have the fron tand rear lip on my 98 green coupe. Loved it. Honda oem baby.
Post pics of the front.

Or were you still in NZ when you had the front? The front lips are just impossible to find in the US. I know of two front lips in the US. A silver one in Wisconsin that belonged to a girl, which was later given (free to her friend - another girl) and then mine.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no wonder it's discontinued, it's ugly. ;\
its actually discontinued because dealers/manufactures, only have to make the replacement part for 10 years after the original release date. And well, 96 was over 10 years ago ;)

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You've got a rear lip too. :P ;)

If I can't get blueprints or something soon, I might have to try to convince a local woman to sell me her rear lip (which I believe was put on by the factory when the car was new - car is otherwise stock). I've only seen her in traffic though and I'm afraid she'll get freaked out of think I'm trying to scam her.

And I have no idea when I'll finally figure out where she works or shops or something so I can happen to run into her. :( I've been seeing this car since the summer and haven't managed to see her out of the car.
lol stalker material rite there

lol just messing

i wanna get the oem front lip or either ctr but idk my car is way to low rite now lol

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Post pics of the front.

Or were you still in NZ when you had the front? The front lips are just impossible to find in the US. I know of two front lips in the US. A silver one in Wisconsin that belonged to a girl, which was later given (free to her friend - another girl) and then mine.
i could of swore i saw a white coupe with it at a meet here in NC i was getting pissed i was about to rip it off

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol stalker material rite there

lol just messing

i wanna get the oem front lip or either ctr but idk my car is way to low rite now lol
I'm actually really afraid that I'll freak her out. She's a middle aged woman, probably not too interested in cars. Silver stock coupe. It just happens to have a lip I want. I know her neighbor too, but he's kind of worried he'd weird her out too.

I figured that $75 is a decent offer for what is, to her, just a piece of plastic. I'm afraid she'll think I'm trying to screw her over too. Like.. that she'd think I'm trying to break her car.

I'm not trying to rip her off, but then again, I wouldn't expect full market value if I were selling something I'd never researched either. To her, $75 is probably more than she'd think it's worth.

Arg, I want my lips on. sk8shorty said he's been busy though, thus the waiting. Still impatient though. :P

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^ i bet so

and i think i mite have found something for me =)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sk8shorty thinks his schedule will be taking up a lot of his time for awhile. If anyone is willing to help me with some bracket measurements and such, I'd very much appreciate it. I'll post pics as soon as I get the brackets made.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Anyone else want to try to help me out with getting these brackets made? I just need the measurements or blueprints.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Whoever gets me a layout of those brackets, I will compensate you.

Easy money.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have the templates for where to drill the holes if that is what you need Amy.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have the templates for where to drill the holes if that is what you need Amy.
No. I can get those again from Honda for free.

I need these or the measurements (aka "blueprints") to these:

I just need to know how tall they are, how long, how wide. Then tell me where they bend and at what angles. And tell me how many I need and where they go on the lip.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh. I will see what I can do. I have an unmolested lip that get them for you. May be a few days tho b/c I am busy.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh. I will see what I can do. I have an unmolested lip that get them for you. May be a few days tho b/c I am busy.
Everyone is too busy. :(

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Everyone is too busy. :(
It will be sometime this week. Most likely tomorrow since I get out of class at 2 and shouldn't have a ton to do except cousins visiting tomorrow.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It will be sometime this week. Most likely tomorrow since I get out of class at 2 and shouldn't have a ton to do except cousins visiting tomorrow.
That would be awesome. :thumbup:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Your PM box is full btw.