Oil and oil filter question

Icemann

5+ Year Member
Ok guys, this might sound like a dumb question but i would like your guys opinion. Im gonna do an oil change on my car. But im to the point to where im confused on what oil to use for my car. Ive been using synthetic oil (Castrol 5W-30) but there are so many out ther there that claim to be so good. Whats the deal? What oil do you guys use or suggest i use? And also an oil filter. Ive been using WIX oil filters buti dont know if there are any other filters that do a better job at filtering the oil. Thanks a lot for your guys opinions and ideas.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its personal preference... wix is an ok filter.. better than fram!

Icemann

5+ Year Member
Ive heard that, but Fram has these filters out that are supposed to be like 3X, 6X better than average filters, so thats why i thought id ask.I mean i want something better than just the average. Im sure you guys can agree with me. Nothing but the best for your ride right?

A-TownCivic

5+ Year Member
synthetic oil as you've been using and a Fram TG/EG would be perfectly fine.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i use mobil 1 synthetic and mobil 1 oil filter for my eg, and what the other dude say it's all preference

jon31562

mmmm..turbo?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
royal purple and k&n...
unless you are burning oil if so just use wal-mart full syithetic...

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've been running Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic for just over 60,000 miles now. I'm at 205,000 miles. Before that, my brother owned the car and he ran Mobil 1 as well for the majority of the time he had it.

I used to use FRAM until I saw that video of the person cutting open all the filters and the website that compares them all cut open. I switched to Mobil 1 filter. Can't tell the difference but they're supposedly better so :what:.

iluvpho

5+ Year Member
my car had 107,000 miles when i changed with mobile clean 5000 10w-30 (conventional oil) with mobile 1 filter. its a noticeable difference right after you change it

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
prop to the asian guy doing the vid lol

mitka

5+ Year Member
I got so worked up by this thread, I cut my used blue genuine Honda oil filter open. Yes indeed cardboard end caps. Crap. Same as Fram. The can is quite sturdy tho. What a rip off.

airzi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
now way i bought 2 honda filters in advance, i do an oil change every 6 months. i cant watch the video unitl i go home as its blocked on my works pc but thanks. oil i use castrol 5 - 30 gtx plus i dont burn oil.

ej8arm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
royal purple, with a Bosch filter.
i always knew fram was s**t.

clover ej6

i r mekanik
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn i never knew that..what a rip off for honda s**t. I wonder if a HAMP filter is the same