1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

Oil Leak: '00 Civic DX

Discussion in '6th Generation Honda Civic (1996-2000)' started by Erma, Jan 10, 2017.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Erma

Erma New Member

My 2000 Honda Civic DX is leaking oil, the oil pan ws tighten and it is still leaking so then I was told that it was the rear main seal. It only leaks when it is parked and it seems to be getting worse because the puddle is getting bigger. It has been leaking since September 2016. I thought maybe I have a whole in the oil pan but that wasn't it either. Please help me know what the issue is. Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. XpL0d3r

XpL0d3r What Civic? Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

It probably leaks when moving as well, but you wouldn't know. You were told it was the rear main seal... did you replace it?

Oil pan might be tight but the gasket could still be bad. I would think that would go bad before the rear seal. Could also be leaking though the distributor o-ring, valve cover gasket, etc.

3. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

Can't see pics.

4. RealtorJeff

RealtorJeff New Member

Is it leaking down the front of the engine from top or just below where your oil pan is? Cannot see the pics either?

5. ctag

ctag fill it with wires! Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

It looks like @Erma didn't subscribe to the thread, so I'm going to do the two things (quote and tag) that might instigate an email notification..?