OMG!!! Curbs FTL =(

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

Damn, thats pretty crazy.. Is that lca the only reason that cv is sitting on the shock fork?

chinkyeyedemcee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn that sucks...

just be thankful u weren't rockin rotas... would've been a lot worse

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yikes!

That sucks. :(

From this perspective, the tie rod doesn't look bad. Of course that assessment is just from looking at a picture. :what: Inner socket looks okay too.

Wheel might be repairable....I would say no but I've seen the before and after on a set of curbed M3 wheels and I would have believed them to be screwed but they got repaired.

but that lower control arm is straight f**ked.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im confused what angle you hit the curb.. sideways or diagonal? then spun the passenger side into it?? :what:
i guess it doesnt matter how you hit it, the damage is done. the passenger side might be pretty f**ked up too judging by that massive amount of toe-in. good luck getting everything repaired OK

infam0us3o5

low n slow.
5+ Year Member
damn, no pussy for you that night.

thats what really hurts...
lmfao wordd

good thing is that u and the girl ar okay tho, could of been a lot worse

if you need any parts let me know, i have a few hook up's at honda, being that ur in so-fla we could always meet up or something

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lmfao wordd

good thing is that u and the girl ar okay tho, could of been a lot worse

if you need any parts let me know, i have a few hook up's at honda, being that ur in so-fla we could always meet up or something
Ture yeah that's the good thing that your both safe.. As for the car Not soo safe..:x

biglou954

Heyyyy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea i hit the curb at a 30 degree angle kinda! the arms where pushed back about 2 inches! i picked up the two arms and im gonna install tomorrow morning! and i got a stock steely not no little donut !

yea infamous305 i wanna try to get a meet going on down here! oh and yo! if you know anybody getting rid of rims 16" or a set of steelies let me know!

be back with an update tomorrow!

thanks for the responses too!

SpeedFiends

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OOOhhhhhh snaps!!!!!!

Glad you're alright brutha!!! I got your PM, ha ha ha ha ah ah aha ha ha

There it is folks, the urethane lip wins in this one.

biglou954 said:
but yea i nailed a curb doing like 25 30 mph and you lip was like magic or something . it got ripped off but like the damage was like nothing! it even got ran over! so i just thought i let you know! its crash test rated for front collision up to 30 mph! lol
its the 99-00 ctr polyurethane one

ATI>boosted<EM1

5+ Year Member
same thing happen to me few years back. i was trying to drift my civic around a corner but was going too fast and car under steer right into a curb and pushed back two lower control arm and both my front rims and f'ed up one axle. i fixed it the next day but it just dont look right. on my passenger side still looks like its still push back alittle.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OOOhhhhhh snaps!!!!!!

Glad you're alright brutha!!! I got your PM, ha ha ha ha ah ah aha ha ha

There it is folks, the urethane lip wins in this one.
ha.. shameless plug...:P

JDMNorth

Work In Progress.
5+ Year Member
DO NOT drive your car with the donut on the front, I did and I totally f**ked my cv shaft, same side as that. It'll has a clicking/knocking sound when you turn.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DO NOT drive your car with the donut on the front, I did and I totally f**ked my cv shaft, same side as that. It'll has a clicking/knocking sound when you turn.

:???: :huh:
The temp spare had nothing to do with your CV axle failing.

The CV joint probably failed because the rubber boot, that surrounds the joint that contains the grease, tore letting the grease escape, which resulted in the joint not being lubricated.

extended driving on a temp spare may cause differential damage....but that's whoever's dumb enough to drive for an extended period on a temp spare's fault. After all, it IS a Temporary Spare. Go driving around on that b***h for a week or two or more and you are officially ghetto.

I don't remember exactly what the Civic owner's manual said but most say you should not exceed 50 mph nor should you travel further than 50 miles on a temp spare...hence TEMPORARY in big effin' letters on the sidewall.

But using a Temporary Spare to limp in to a tire shop at or below the recommended speed will not destroy your CV axle. It will eventually ass-rape your diff, but not the CV.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just bend it back with a vice and a torch, put 2 bolts in it and put it on. my boy drove his like that for a week until we got em a new one. is it rubbing on the frame?

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:???: :huh:
The temp spare had nothing to do with your CV axle failing.

The CV joint probably failed because the rubber boot, that surrounds the joint that contains the grease, tore letting the grease escape, which resulted in the joint not being lubricated.

extended driving on a temp spare may cause differential damage....but that's whoever's dumb enough to drive for an extended period on a temp spare's fault. After all, it IS a Temporary Spare. Go driving around on that b***h for a week or two or more and you are officially ghetto.

I don't remember exactly what the Civic owner's manual said but most say you should not exceed 50 mph nor should you travel further than 50 miles on a temp spare...hence TEMPORARY in big effin' letters on the sidewall.

But using a Temporary Spare to limp in to a tire shop at or below the recommended speed will not destroy your CV axle. It will eventually ass-rape your diff, but not the CV.
X2 temp tires have no affect on your axles. However, if you have one tire on the front that is a different size, the smaller tire will spin faster causing stress on your transmission As stated by beelzebubba.

biglou954

Heyyyy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yo i got my parts the other day and installed! did the lower control arm and everything bolted up fine! still waiting for a fender to show up though? wheels line up fine, hit like 85mph on highway no vibrations or weird noises. I'll post some pics up later! and i still gotta find a matching rim??? or replacements?

biglou954

Heyyyy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
alright so i finished fixing my Honda! everything lined up good! fog light bezel is a little off but fixable! drove good too! heres the final product! :nod:

thanks for all the help!!!