OneFastGSR's EG Hatch

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
Thanks! Definately not giving up on the hatch, Havn't drove my integra in over a year and i'm still working on that car, The hatch is the daily, Anything I do to it shouldn't be down for that long. This wheel bearing fix turned out to be down way more than I expected, Mainly from me getting extras and not making sure everything worked together, If my lugs fit my wheels i'd be driving it right now, Once those adapters come in it'll be all good though. Also just noticed in my last post my front rotors are on backwards. The directional slots should be going the other way. Guess i'll swap my rotors around tomorrow. Lol

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
Lug adapters came in this morning, They fit perfect, Got the front suspension all torqued, Everythings looking good, Also unexpectedly picked up a Carbing front strut tower brace for $75 from a local facebook group, Couldn't pass it for the price.. That fit on there real snug, About to take the civic out for a cruise tonight with some friends. Can't wait to drive it! I'll report how it feels tomorrow. Should be a bit difference, went from destroyed wheel bearings to new, nearly gone outer tie rods to new, and a strut brace, I'm sure each piece doesn't change it too much but all of it together it should be pretty cool difference! Here's some pics.

Those plug wires are going to be swapped with blue NGK whenever I need new spark plugs so it won't have so much red and more blue. (Not changing for the color, I personally don't like the MSD ones because it has previously popped off the distributor while driving). Next on the to do list, Get couplers so I can put something on my intake, Find a rear disc conversion to do the rear suspension.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im diggin it man! I really like the color, I don't think ive seen that on an eg hatch

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
Thanks, it's a 2005 nissan 350z Carbon Silver Metallic color. The original color is actually the teal color on your coupe (Just checked out your build and it looks great). One of the next things I want to do is diagnose the fog lights, Neither of them work. Fog light switch has a green light when it's on but the fogs don't turn on. Going to have to see if it's a fuse, bulbs, or wiring. Not sure at all, Lol. Golden eagle oil squirter plugs came in for my gsr now I can assemble the block

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks, it's a 2005 nissan 350z Carbon Silver Metallic color. The original color is actually the teal color on your coupe (Just checked out your build and it looks great). One of the next things I want to do is diagnose the fog lights, Neither of them work. Fog light switch has a green light when it's on but the fogs don't turn on. Going to have to see if it's a fuse, bulbs, or wiring. Not sure at all, Lol. Golden eagle oil squirter plugs came in for my gsr now I can assemble the block

Thanks bro, I had an issue the day I put my fogs in too, the left one wouldn't come on but it ended up just being the bulb. Man those things are such a pain in the ass to take apart to get to the bulb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
Ordered some more parts for my integra's motor build, Threw in a oem rear wiper delete to the cart. So whenever that comes in i'll be deleting the rear wiper on the hatch finally. Here's a random pic from yesterday. How she's sitting currently..

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
I guess I need to make a instagram!! Lol. I went out to the "street races" yesterday night and someone that started talking to me kept calling my car "The corner thug" and I was like what's that name from I don't get it... Lol. Apparently someone posted a picture of my car on instagram and hashtagged #thecornerthug, Lol. Someone was going to make me some stickers that said that to put on my car... I guess my car is pretty crazy in the corners. But than again I think i'm just crazy. Does anyone else push their cars to the limits in the backroads? I always get told that's risky as hell but I'll be going through the back roads heel-toe'ing rev matching, Tires screeching because they're to their limits. If I got any faster it'll lose traction... Lol. No road couses in the entire state so I'm stuck in the backroads :( Maybe I can visit the road course in oklahoma or tennesse this summer. Rear wiper delete comes in next week. The corner thug! Lol

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
Just ordered a Go-Autoworks dual bend short ram intake for the hatch, It comes with all the couplers, t-bolt clamps, and a filter with it. I'll run the filter that comes with it for awhile but I got a K&N and BPi velocity stack combo I will run after awhile. I have to get some filter cleaner and oil though because the K&N I got is filthy. Also whenever I can get a laptop I'm going to install my hondata S300 ECU I got laying in my room, I can smell gas and such at idle and the way the car runs/bogs etc I feel like it's running really rich. Going to load a d15 basemap and see about doing some street tuning on it when I get time.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Didn't know Greg sold air intakes but that thing is beautiful. Can't wait to see it installed.

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
Got my Go-Autoworks V2 DB short ram today, Fast shipping, Good packing, Good quality intake! Has a deep tone to it and can feel a difference throughout the whole power range compared to my old intake, (Old one was terrible though) Satisfied with the purchase! Also has perfect fitment, If I removed my headlight and threw on a velocity stack it would be perfect for track days and such. My brother said once he gets paid again and has the money he's buying one for his integra! It really is a nice intake.

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
Took off the IACV, It previously would idle from 200-1000 rpm varying, sometimes idle 500, etc, When I hit the brakes idle went up to like 1500. The IACV was really dirty and had alot of gunk on the mesh screen. I cleaned it out with brake cleaner and the screen. Now the idle is 100% solid, When I hit the brakes the idle doesn't move etc. But it'd idling at like 100 rpm, literally, I thought my car died everytime i went to idle at first but it was still running. Idle adjuster screw is all the way in. I'm going to reset the ECU tomorrow. The previous alternator belt has shredded halfway gone (It looks like the wrong size belt in the first place, My alternator doesn't even have an adjuster bolt in it.) The adjuster bolt I pulled from pick n pull off a EG with a d15b7 doesn't fit my alternator at all for some reason. I'll have to pick up a bolt/nut with washers tomorrow from lowes or something. But I put a slightly used gates belt on it off my integra's motor when I pulled it. (I'll buy a new one for integra later).

Other than that. Once I get that bolt, Reset ecu, I think it will run better than ever. Also going to put back about $400 for a header later. Skunk2 is making a Alpha Race header for the d15/d16. They're testing it currently on their design and changing it up till it's right. Should be about 3-5 months until it's released. I'm going to go with that header, Than get a Kteller 2.25" exhaust with 14" resonator and thinking a vibrant stealth black muffler. Going to be keeping this car a all-motor single slammer daily.

Also going to add that I checked my high beam fuses, I don't even have a left high beam fuse (Left side has never worked), and the right high beam fuse is blown, I'm going to put 2 new 10 amp fuses and if they blow than i'll have to look for the short..

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Sorry, I didn't do much reading, but you're building the D? or just bolt on & tuning?

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
For now the motor will be the same for atleast 3-5 months, Going to dew a few cosmetic changes possible, Mud flaps, oem floor mats, shift knob, front lip, etc, I was thinking about taking the hondata s300 out my teg for now and doing a street tune on the civic to see if I can make any gains or get it to run a bit better. Once the skunk2 header releases I'll get header back than make some more tune changes, After that I might put a cam in it, That's just currently what I want to do with it. Plans change fast sometimes though. I'm still loving the single cam. Don't really want to swap it unless it's a K-series. Already have a b-series to drive which is the teg.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Should swap to a f22. That'd make it a nice little sleeper.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I guess I need to make a instagram!! Lol. I went out to the "street races" yesterday night and someone that started talking to me kept calling my car "The corner thug" and I was like what's that name from I don't get it... Lol. Apparently someone posted a picture of my car on instagram and hashtagged #thecornerthug, Lol. Someone was going to make me some stickers that said that to put on my car... I guess my car is pretty crazy in the corners. But than again I think i'm just crazy. Does anyone else push their cars to the limits in the backroads? I always get told that's risky as hell but I'll be going through the back roads heel-toe'ing rev matching, Tires screeching because they're to their limits. If I got any faster it'll lose traction... Lol. No road couses in the entire state so I'm stuck in the backroads :( Maybe I can visit the road course in oklahoma or tennesse this summer. Rear wiper delete comes in next week. The corner thug! Lol

Haha that's awesome man. Make an Instagram! I just started rev matching a few months before my motor went out. Can't wait to have some fun with the 2.0. There's no good backroads around here or I would be all over em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hope your plans change and you go K

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
First thing I have to do is finish my integra over the next few months, Have to rebuild the trans and complete the head still. Hoping to make atleast 500whp on current turbo than 800+ once I get top mount and new turbo setup. After that I want to get a MK4 supra by next summer atleast. Than I want to k-swap this if I swap it

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP

Got a bolt/nut/washers to install the new alternator belt and installed that. Was installing the OEM metal rear wiper plug but I don't have a bolt laying around that fits! Going to have to go pick up a bolt somewhere...