Own A 6th Gen? Dont Wanna Get Jacked? Read This!

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i agree. thats almost saying that if i wanna be rich enough, i will.

i dont know why some people have the "i dont have an alarm in my car, if a theif wants it bad enough, they will get it" mind.

i just hope that i dont end up in that case where my car is stolen. MY theory is that people on the forums read what you have done to your car and look at the pics and go "i want that car" and they can literally plan out how they will take it and what they will take out of the car.

NOFX, i find it amazing how you know how to bypass every method that people come up with. with knowledge like that their must be something you can come up with that can be a good method of protection

toplevelej

i am fresh
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good stuff blacky =)

Razak

5+ Year Member
NOFX,

Yea I know bolt cutters would take the lock off, but I wasent saying that the lock should be your only defense.
If a thief has to take another min or two to get another theft device off he just might not bother with the car. Just adding another cheap way of trying to keep your baby safe.

br0nx finest

I'm from the Bronx baby.
5+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
the whole "if they want it bad enough they will get it" argument is the dumbest s**t ive ever heard.

thats like saying ...

if a rapist wants your daughter bad enough he will get her

of course its got a semi truth to it but actually thinks like that..
Word, that mentality is bullshit. Because there are many amateur thieves out there who do not know all those tricks, or who get intimidated by certain layers of security. So its always worth it to add more, and not post your setup online.

Be aware of the people (fellow Honda tuners) you keep around you as well, because those will be the first to hint out your setup and your weaknesses.

But IMHO that "if they want it bad enough, they'll get it" statement is a cop-out.

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I am glad I wasn't the only person who wonderd or figured that saying that is dumb.

DocShay

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is it illegal to setup a system where if someone steals your car, chlorine gas shoots out of the vents and kills the f**ker?

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah it's called murder, lol.

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Word, that mentality is bullshit. Because there are many amateur thieves out there who do not know all those tricks, or who get intimidated by certain layers of security. So its always worth it to add more, and not post your setup online.
True, there are amateur theives, but if there's an eg hatch with a k20-T in it and everyone knows his setup/parts are worth 20K+, you're not going to have just amateurs going after that car. With that type of money in a car, you're going to have some crazy f**ks who DO know the tricks of the trade and are probably going to go to more extreme lengths to get the vehicle. Those are going to be the people with the tow trucks..

..and yes, that is why you dont post your setup online. Hell local people really dont know much about my car and I try to keep it that way.

ej8ster

5+ Year Member
mine was broken into, they tried stealing the car but my battery was out lol, so they stole my radio WITHOUT the face plate on it lol, dumb dumb dumb thieves, and to think i had a 500$ helmet sitting in the back seat they didnt bother to get, but oh well!!! I have a different wire setup then this diy, just a simple fuel cutoff switch ran to the center of my console, bought a switch, relay and wired it up, it's pretty simple process.

AmerOne

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no one has mentioned relocating the hood release cable to the inside of the frame / bay

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my car is too low for that to even occur... and even then, if they jack up the car to do it, the tilt sensor would go f**king crazy and that would be the end of them... lol

craig198

5+ Year Member
why steal civics? why not some nicer lookn cars lol. porche, bmw, etc they are all around here where I live. maybe thats why I still have my del slo

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why steal civics? why not some nicer lookn cars lol. porche, bmw, etc they are all around here where I live. maybe thats why I still have my del slo
Cause the parts are easy to sell.... sucks for civic owners and people who actually pay for their s**t though.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
As mentioned above, though Civics themselves aren't really an expensive car, the parts are easier to sell.

Imagine trying to unload some Carrera GT parts. Exotics get stolen with the idea that the thief will be selling the ENTIRE car. Hondas usually get parted out and dispersed into the community quickly. And remember Honda parts interchangeability. Besides that some of these parts would obviously go to others with the same model, some others with other models might need a distributor or cat or something.

No one wants to have a rare, attention getting, STOLEN car on their hands for long. So if you were to steal one, you better already have a buyer.

blk00civicdemon

5+ Year Member
and now all the theives know this s**t yay just like a fuel pump switch they know how to bypass everything best thing to do is make it take forever for them to steal it so its not worthit. clutch breaks are worth it almost unbreakable

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
and now all the theives know this s**t yay just like a fuel pump switch they know how to bypass everything best thing to do is make it take forever for them to steal it so its not worthit. clutch breaks are worth it almost unbreakable
Well, this thread didn't teach them anything. This info is out there already.

You mentioning pedal locks reminded me of this thread, which I saw last night.

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2219304

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^

DANG...THAT GOT STOLEN..!?!?!

wow...that frickin' sucks. that was a dope car too...

Bpw32m

Got boost?
5+ Year Member
yeah mine was in the process of being stolen when he saw me heading back to my car and bolted must of been a noob...... ive put a sensitive alarm and tilt meter as well as two inside sirens. Its worth the money trust me.