Own A 6th Gen? Dont Wanna Get Jacked? Read This!

Buckeye07

5+ Year Member
I just saw this thread and I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with problems in a parking garage? I just bought an EM1 and I'm worried about it getting stolen. I'm goin to be living in an apartment complex next year with an attached parking garage to the building. I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences with cars being broken into/stolen out of a garage before?

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I just saw this thread and I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with problems in a parking garage? I just bought an EM1 and I'm worried about it getting stolen. I'm goin to be living in an apartment complex next year with an attached parking garage to the building. I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences with cars being broken into/stolen out of a garage before?
depends on the garage.. is it well lit? is there an attendant on the grounds? what kind of neighborhood is it in? etc

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
When I used to park in a parking garage I made friends with the parking attendant. He really started to like to talk to me though.

Buckeye07

5+ Year Member
depends on the garage.. is it well lit? is there an attendant on the grounds? what kind of neighborhood is it in? etc
Yea, it's fairly well lit. It's right off of a college campus, there aren't really too many other housing complexes or houses for that matter, just a bunch of college kids. The garage is right next to the complex I'm living in.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
over here in chicago, theives use tow trucks. they prettend they work for someone and tow the car away.

Mexican EK =)

b18b1 grrrr
5+ Year Member
well over here in fresno county cali, we do things our own way, some unknown perps stole my homeboys 1990 crx si, soooooo he got his cousins to steal it back for him :D

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^^... ah... .. yea?. i guess that can work too. calling the cops also works, specially if you know who took
your car.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Unfortunately not a whole lot happens to the thieves if they're found out by the cops. Well, not unless they've stolen a lot and the cops want to make an example or want to get some good news coverage.

My thief wasn't even looked for but they did crack a case where they found out one guy up north had stolen IIRC 117 cars that are known of. Every time there is a bust like that they find out the guy has been arrested for it before. It's never the first time. They're almost always involved in something else too (usually hard drug use - I'm talking meth, not pot).

So it's like they usually get a slap on the wrists unless they REALLY f**k up and make their self a good target for some good police work.

I'm just lucky my car came back in one piece. And by that I'm referring to the frame. I know I posted images of my friend's Type R here before.

Just to put eh fear into anyone who thinks it can't happen to them. This was a totally stock ITR. Take note that they took almost everything. They even cut out the ITR logos.

Mexican EK =)

b18b1 grrrr
5+ Year Member
yea i hate thieves, why are our rides one of the most stolen...theives should steal old beat up camaros, theres plenty of those around....or we could all just drive chevrolet cavaliers :D...had one as my first car...never had a problem with people looking at me....now that i think about it....thats why i didnt get no luck with the ladies....they would point and laugh....and one even said your ride sucks.....worst summer ever :(

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea i hate thieves, why are our rides one of the most stolen...theives should steal old beat up camaros, theres plenty of those around....or we could all just drive chevrolet cavaliers :D...had one as my first car...never had a problem with people looking at me....now that i think about it....thats why i didnt get no luck with the ladies....they would point and laugh....and one even said your ride sucks.....worst summer ever :(
Hondas are easy to steal and there are lots (read as "there's a huge market to sell stolen parts"). Plus the parts are often interchangeable between many different models and generations.

I've also heard that it could have something to do with our cars not often breaking down, so there not being a lot of used parts out there (compared with other vehicles), so the stolen parts are even more likely to be sold.

Buckeye07

5+ Year Member
So we should start spreading word that Honda's break all the time and maybe people will stop buying them, thus decreasing the demand for parts, and decreasing the amount that get stolen... okay it probably won't work... but it's all I got.

Honda Boyz

5+ Year Member
get it

i was thinking about getting one of these.

http://www.ravelco.com/

Deffinetly get it. I got it on my stock 96 civic the first thing. Then i dropped it on skunk 2 shocks and springs and changed the headlights and tailights. It is great. It cost me $360. Varies with car but 300+ is what it cost. It has a good record not one car was ever reported stolen with a ravelco in it. anyway my friends tested it tried to push start it. It wouldn't start. 2 weeks later my car was broken in to, steering column busted but thats it. Jerk couldn't start my car. Go on the website. Research it, read the testimonials from other ppl. especially civic owners that still have their car thanks to the ravelco. Also the ravelco website tells you how all the other devices out there are easily byspassed. Including Kill switches and the Autolock. I use an Autolock also just to by time of me catching them trying to steal it. even though i know they wont be able to start my car with the Ravelco installed, hoping i dont forget to unplug it. lol

Honda Boyz

5+ Year Member
Not one car ever stolen with this installed

You guys want the best anti theft device. Then get the Ravelco. It cost about $350, took the installer 8 hours to install it in my car, thats how u know this thing really works. Pretty expensive but wouldn't u rather pay $350 instead of losing the thousands u put in your car. Plus the record of not one car ever stolen with one installed. You basically take your engine with you when you unplug the male pice and hook it on your key chain. Trust me it works I still have Civic because of the Ravelco, and my car was pretty much stock when they tried to steal it. Just had Si taillights, and black housing headlights, dropped and a descent system. Invest in the Ravelco First thing if you are serious about not getting your baby stolen. Then you can get an alarm and an autolock =) think the website is neverstolen.com but just google Ravelco.

Honda Boyz

5+ Year Member
get a RAVELCO, not one car stolen with this installed. Cost around $350, I got in on my civic it works, trust me. Google it.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Deffinetly get it. I got it on my stock 96 civic the first thing. Then i dropped it on skunk 2 shocks and springs and changed the headlights and tailights. It is great. It cost me $360. Varies with car but 300+ is what it cost. It has a good record not one car was ever reported stolen with a ravelco in it. anyway my friends tested it tried to push start it. It wouldn't start. 2 weeks later my car was broken in to, steering column busted but thats it. Jerk couldn't start my car. Go on the website. Research it, read the testimonials from other ppl. especially civic owners that still have their car thanks to the ravelco. Also the ravelco website tells you how all the other devices out there are easily byspassed. Including Kill switches and the Autolock. I use an Autolock also just to by time of me catching them trying to steal it. even though i know they wont be able to start my car with the Ravelco installed, hoping i dont forget to unplug it. lol
You guys want the best anti theft device. Then get the Ravelco. It cost about $350, took the installer 8 hours to install it in my car, thats how u know this thing really works. Pretty expensive but wouldn't u rather pay $350 instead of losing the thousands u put in your car. Plus the record of not one car ever stolen with one installed. You basically take your engine with you when you unplug the male pice and hook it on your key chain. Trust me it works I still have Civic because of the Ravelco, and my car was pretty much stock when they tried to steal it. Just had Si taillights, and black housing headlights, dropped and a descent system. Invest in the Ravelco First thing if you are serious about not getting your baby stolen. Then you can get an alarm and an autolock =) think the website is neverstolen.com but just google Ravelco.
get a RAVELCO, not one car stolen with this installed. Cost around $350, I got in on my civic it works, trust me. Google it.
Are you sponsored by them or something?

IZOMBIE

5+ Year Member
which wire to cut/

i have finish doin the immobilizer. test it and works that way what the instruction said. but i change few wiring due to switches and power sources.

so whichis better to cut?
starter wire.............kill switch
fuel wire...............fuel kill

any wiring diagram for 97 civic ex in fuel and starter/

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i have finish doin the immobilizer. test it and works that way what the instruction said. but i change few wiring due to switches and power sources.

so whichis better to cut?
starter wire.............kill switch
fuel wire...............fuel kill

any wiring diagram for 97 civic ex in fuel and starter/
Both.

IZOMBIE

5+ Year Member
both? so i need another set of imobiliser. or i'll build something like thr ravelco for the starter switch and this diy for the fuel kill.