OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
DXpowR said:
Sounds like one of those poster quotes you see in a elementary classroom. :rolf:
those posters were there for a reason... the basic principle is "we're all here on a quest for knowledge." now, in order for this knowledge to be efficiently conveyed, questions will have to be asked... and replies should come in smoothly and in a manner in which they are more easily receptive.

basically, by giving smartass answers you are hindering things in the big picture. too many ppl are stuck in a 'zoomed' vision of the world. take a step back. zoom out. look at the big picture. now see how petty 'owning' someone is. it's nothing but ego, and to tend to your ego makes you egocentric... selfish... tone down the ego, have some humility, and we might actually get somewhere.

Asthmatic

Formally DXpowR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know they were there for a reason, im just f**kin around. I dont get why people have to flame so much either but o well.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Having getting in a VERY mature and logical conversasion with OC_Civic, I decided to change my vote to no.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anfrey said:
basically, by giving smartass answers you are hindering things in the big picture. too many ppl are stuck in a 'zoomed' vision of the world. take a step back. zoom out. look at the big picture. now see how petty 'owning' someone is. it's nothing but ego, and to tend to your ego makes you egocentric... selfish... tone down the ego, have some humility, and we might actually get somewhere.
thats the issue i have with this..

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Magic8Ball said:
Having getting in a VERY mature and logical conversasion with OC_Civic, I decided to change my vote to no.
ill take care of that for you.. ;)

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
DXpowR said:
I know they were there for a reason, im just f**kin around. I dont get why people have to flame so much either but o well.
because they are egocentric and lack empathy. some people actually don't feel bad when they tear others down. they actually get a feeling of wellbeing and satisfaction.

from a personal standpoint, when someone hurts, i hurt. i get no pleasure from people in misery... have some empathy and stop being selfish f**kheads. if you get off on superiority, rather than equality, then something is terribly wrong (imho).

or maybe they just have self-esteem issues... but still, this is the wrong way to get thru it. the "easy" way maybe, but not the one which will yield best results for everyone involved.

Asthmatic

Formally DXpowR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anfrey said:
because they are egocentric and lack empathy. some people actually don't feel bad when they tear others down. they actually get a feeling of wellbeing and satisfaction.

from a personal standpoint, when someone hurts, i hurt. i get no pleasure from people in misery... have some empathy and stop being selfish f**kheads. if you get off on superiority, rather than equality, then something is terribly wrong (imho).
Well said 10

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ehh switch me to NO please.. I mis-read, mis understood.. everything..

I mean people already post owned threads in the lounge. I dont think it needs its own section. Although videos/pictures from NON MEMEBERS like that mustang 'set up' video and the other guy that wouldnt race his firebird. BUT they just go right intot the videos area, problem solved. Just keep posting them in their own threads. No need for a section.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i have a big personal issue with egocentrism. u guys know why? look at history. look at everything our written history is. wars. battles. conquering of people and territory. religious carnage. the destruction of civilizations and knowledge. this is all due to egocentrism, selfishness, and powermonging. religions would not be the way they are today if there had not been a corruption of power in the past....

think of how much further ahead we'd be as a species and civilization if we could've all gotten along from the get-go. people are stubborn and selfish, and this is something i can't stand. HAVE SOME HUMILITY. GIVE PEOPLE THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT. you aren't making anything better by treating someone like s**t

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:

I mean people already post owned threads in the lounge. I dont think it needs its own section. Although videos/pictures from NON MEMEBERS like that mustang 'set up' video and the other guy that wouldnt race his firebird. BUT they just go right intot the videos area, problem solved. Just keep posting them in their own threads. No need for a section.
the subject in question isn't "pwnd" videos or situations. it's actual pwning of members and showcasing these incidents in a thread. public ridicule, seriously.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think the owned threads will just cause the main asshats to do it more, and bring the image on CC down, and make it more of a "joke" site, than a techincal / social site. It will also cause n00b to try to get his name out and start trying to own people or just start s**t in a thread that could be answered within seconds.. Will also cause alot of OG and Mature members to leave and find another forum to post on.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anfrey said:
the subject in question isn't "pwnd" videos or situations. it's actual pwning of members and showcasing these incidents in a thread. public ridicule, seriously.
ehh thats uncalled for really. Although if the site would like to regress back to the fuedal years... then so be it. :what:

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:

ill change you.. but i think now what hes saying is not a whole section.. but a "special thread" in the lounge.. i guess the idea is if you miss a thread where someone is really getting s**t on you can check the "owning thread" that way you can easily find someone to hate on, and mock? i dont really get it.. but i just want to make sure you want me to change your vote? ;)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
ehh thats uncalled for really. Although if the site would like to regress back to the fuedal years... then so be it. :what:
ok changing your vote.. ;)

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Magic8Ball said:
I think the owned threads will just cause the main asshats to do it more, and bring the image on CC down, and make it more of a "joke" site, than a techincal / social site. It will also cause n00b to try to get his name out and start trying to own people or just start s**t in a thread that could be answered within seconds.. Will also cause alot of OG and Mature members to leave and find another forum to post on.
there is a forum i frequent... where ppl treat each other like s**t. that is a stress release forum. this isn't. this is a car forum where we're trying to share knowledge, help each other out, and build a community.

i remember when i first get on cc almost 2 years ago... u know why i left SHO and came here?? because ppl were actually nice. there was no flaming. and for months, we could stop s**t by saying there shall be no flaming on clubcivic.... but now... look at this bullshit...

if you want to pwn someone, go play a fps game or something. i'll stick to my collaborative mmorpg.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I just think they should get more strict on flaming and "owning" and temp ban people for just plain out flaming..

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anfrey said:
there is a forum i frequent... where ppl treat each other like s**t. that is a stress release forum. this isn't. this is a car forum where we're trying to share knowledge, help each other out, and build a community.

i remember when i first get on cc almost 2 years ago... u know why i left SHO and came here?? because ppl were actually nice. there was no flaming. and for months, we could stop s**t by saying there shall be no flaming on clubcivic.... but now... look at this bullshit...

if you want to pwn someone, go play a fps game or something. i'll stick to my collaborative mmorpg.
must play FPS........ kill...........murder............destroy...........Pown.........BOOM! HEADSHOT! lol

OC/anyone- i dont see why there is all this discussion about it honestly. If he wants it, create it! If it gets out of hand, close it! Essentialy this 'problem' would solve itself in due time, OR he would have to babysit anmd clean it up if thats the 'no holds barred' thread. bu still no need IMHO.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
anfrey said:

I remember when I came, people would answer peoples question, it wouldn't get out line as much as it does now. People could get into a mature and logical arguements and not have some asshat who comes in says "YOU BOTH ARE WRONG! YOUR f**kin RETARDED!" and not even give his answer.. He comes in putting people down..

Asthmatic

Formally DXpowR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Magic8Ball said:
I just think they should get more strict on flaming and "owning" and temp ban people for just plain out flaming..
A giant CC cleanse. Sounds good.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
must play FPS........ kill...........murder............destroy...........Pown.........BOOM! HEADSHOT! lol

OC/anyone- i dont see why there is all this discussion about it honestly. If he wants it, create it! If it gets out of hand, close it! Essentialy this 'problem' would solve itself in due time, OR he would have to babysit anmd clean it up if thats the 'no holds barred' thread. bu still no need IMHO.
I say if tom wants it, he would have to monitor it, and do what he has to do to keep it clean and when to stop people.

Status
Not open for further replies.