Status
Not open for further replies.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Magic8Ball said:
I just think they should get more strict on flaming and "owning" and temp ban people for just plain out flaming..
could not agree more..

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Magic8Ball said:
I remember when I came, people would answer peoples question, it wouldn't get out line as much as it does now. People could get into a mature and logical arguements and not have some asshat who comes in says "YOU BOTH ARE WRONG! YOUR f**kin RETARDED!" and not even give his answer.. He comes in putting people down..
exactly. there was an inherent understanding that people are asking questions because they don't know and they are exposing themselves by asking questions with no solid base, as they don't know. ppl are opening up and exposing vulnerabilities for the sake of knowledge... and what do members of the community do? bash them. what a way to help someone who wants to learn from you, eh?

Magic8Ball said:
I just think they should get more strict on flaming and "owning" and temp ban people for just plain out flaming..
it used to be. well, kinda. people were just nicer back then, and anyone who acted like a retarded a*****e was easily singled out as a bad seed.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
anfrey said:
exactly. there was an inherent understanding that people are asking questions because they don't know and they are exposing themselves by asking questions with no solid base, as they don't know. ppl are opening up and exposing vulnerabilities for the sake of knowledge... and what do members of the community do? bash them. what a way to help someone who wants to learn from you, eh?
Yea.. I say we go one a banning frenzy (SP?) for a day and see how many asshats we can get rid of :lol:

Asthmatic

Formally DXpowR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I really dont like the fact that when a new guy asks a question, all the replies he gets is "Use the search function n00b, its been covered a million times." Ive tried to use the search function, but sometimes it doesnt work very well. If you have answered that question before, then leave the thread and dont post. Maybe someone is actually willing to help the person out.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Magic8Ball said:
Yea.. I say we go one a banning frenzy (SP?) for a day and see how many asshats we can get rid of :lol:
when i was a mod, i've actually (jokingly) challenged a fellow mod to a BAN OFF... who could ban the most ppl in the least amount of time...

Asthmatic

Formally DXpowR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Magic8Ball said:
f**k ya! BOOM HEADSHOT!

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DXpowR said:
I really dont like the fact that when a new guy asks a question, all the replies he gets is "Use the search function n00b, its been covered a million times." Ive tried to use the search function, but sometimes it doesnt work very well. If you have answered that question before, then leave the thread and dont post. Maybe someone is actually willing to help the person out.
I dont think there is anything wrong with telling them the answer and then letting them know to search.. esp if you just typed in 'turbo manifold' and found what he was looking for... :P

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
anfrey said:
it used to be. well, kinda. people were just nicer back then, and anyone who acted like a retarded a*****e was easily singled out as a bad seed.
I just think some mods just relaxed and just let what happen, happen.. but they keep their section clean of wrong put threads.. I think CC should consider RELOOKING their mods, and see which ones could be let go and replaced by a more mature and more active member.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
DXpowR said:
ppl should be posting actual links to the threads rather than saying "search search." most of the times, the person replying with 'search' didn't even try the search to see what kind of results the thread starter got.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
anfrey said:
when i was a mod, i've actually (jokingly) challenged a fellow mod to a BAN OFF... who could ban the most ppl in the least amount of time...
ahahha.. :lol: ... I think that would be funny.. But ban for a legit reasons (Flaming, being a asshat, trying to "own" a noob, ect. ect.)

Asthmatic

Formally DXpowR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
I dont think there is anything wrong with telling them the answer and then letting them know to search.. esp if you just typed in 'turbo manifold' and found what he was looking for... :P
Oh i know what your saying, but it wouldnt hurt to tell them the answer and then politly remind them to use the search function. Especially if there really new.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
True, but you could word it like this:

Hey,
Question has been asked before, he's the thread with answers and other info
"thread here"

Try using better keywords when searching

THAT would help him out in 2 way.. Letting him know where the thread is, and what he should do to help him get better results when searching..

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
TACT is the art of conveying a message without making an enemy

USE IT!

Asthmatic

Formally DXpowR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Magic8Ball said:
True, but you could word it like this:

Hey,
Question has been asked before, he's the thread with answers and other info
"thread here"

Try using better keywords when searching

THAT would help him out in 2 way.. Letting him know where the thread is, and what he should do to help him get better results when searching..
Exact-a-freakin-lutly :P

Status
Not open for further replies.