Performance muffler. I hear no sound at all

skivy05

5+ Year Member
Hey There !! I have a 05 & I had a 60 series installed (resonator removed).

The 40 series is mainly for the larger motor cars... V6 & up..... it flows sooo freely that our little 4 bangers will not push enough exhaust to get a good sound from them.

Flowmasters 60 Series is designed for Compact/Imports. Mine has alow deep rumble at idle.... can't hear it much unless your next to it..... but it opens up nicely with acceleration.......... your not going to have a HUGE V8 rumble but it's a mellow deep sound that I think is awesome.
Hope this helps a bit. Scot

ItsAnEP3

Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's not the shop's fault. You asked them to get it welded on, they did their job. Should have just bought a catback system.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
take a pic of underneath your car.. its confusing what you were talking about.

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I bought a flowmaster performance muffler online. It was 70 dollars I believe. Its supposed to fit my honda civic ex. I luv my car. I just got it a week or so ago. Its a 2004 honda ex special edition-vtec.

I went and got the muffler installed.

Well I was in there for about 30 minutes. The guy comes out and is like,"Well...it isnt that loud. You are going to have to cut some of the resonator."

huh. Well it was 45 dollars for the installation.

I saw the guy weld it but I looked underneath the car and i see the flow master system welded underneath my car but the 3A racing tip is on top of it hooked up . the 3a racing tip mind u came with the car.

Did i just get ripped off? I mean 45 dollars isnt nothin but Im a girl lol and i dont know much about cars.

But i was wanting a nice deep sound. not too loud. I cant even hear it when im in my car and ive had a muffler on my old car before and could hear it.

Whats the deal?
is your car auto or manual. You really don't hear it much on an auto

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think you just got a quiet muffler.

hannibalhekki

cuz i like to eat!
5+ Year Member
isn't there usually a company stamp somewhere on the exhaust?? if so look for it. get under the car and look for the stamp? take pics..

Tkdtim1226

5+ Year Member
I bought a flowmaster performance muffler online. It was 70 dollars I believe. Its supposed to fit my honda civic ex. I luv my car. I just got it a week or so ago. Its a 2004 honda ex special edition-vtec.

I went and got the muffler installed.

Well I was in there for about 30 minutes. The guy comes out and is like,"Well...it isnt that loud. You are going to have to cut some of the resonator."

huh. Well it was 45 dollars for the installation.

I saw the guy weld it but I looked underneath the car and i see the flow master system welded underneath my car but the 3A racing tip is on top of it hooked up . the 3a racing tip mind u came with the car.

Did i just get ripped off? I mean 45 dollars isnt nothin but Im a girl lol and i dont know much about cars.

But i was wanting a nice deep sound. not too loud. I cant even hear it when im in my car and ive had a muffler on my old car before and could hear it.

Whats the deal?
Well, I would probably go and try to talk to the manager of the shop. If it is run by a descent person, they will try to accommodate you in some way. It is also a possibility that the mechanic wasn’t trying to screw you, he is just an idiot, but you never know. If the manager gives you an attitude, doesn't want to help, or offers to redo it for the same amount of money or more, then you probably got screwed on their orders. If that’s the case, I would cut my losses there and go somewhere else. Finding a good and honest mechanic is not impossible, it is just hard. It is normally easy to tell if they are ripping you off because stuff just doesn't add up; however, doing your homework is a necessity in your case since you don't know a lot about cars. Good luck. I hope you are happy with the end results.