Petey Peeeeeeete v2.0 (56K Step Carefully)

denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
omfg.. you did that yourself.. good work man... petey my hero=)

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wetsand and buffed the driver side:

I just need a better polish and some final glaze.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks good Petey. Boy...that spot on the side of the road looks REALLY familiar....:lol:

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
looks amazing =)

saga boy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
two different shades of blue dunny! Did u get two even good coats of base on there or did u mix different ratios? I think it needs some attention did u walk the car when u sprayed or u did panel by panel? Maybe its the pix but it looks rough dude o yea is the base pearl or metalic if either it could be that touch up gun u used to spray holla back at the kid!

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
looks good petey, but i think the gap at the door/fender looks thin on paint? maybe its just the pic

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
two different shades of blue dunny! Did u get two even good coats of base on there or did u mix different ratios? I think it needs some attention did u walk the car when u sprayed or u did panel by panel? Maybe its the pix but it looks rough dude o yea is the base pearl or metalic if either it could be that touch up gun u used to spray holla back at the kid!
Thats the pic. The driver side came out even compared to the passenger side. I only had about 1 quart of paint left when I went to go spray the rest of the car. I should have gotten more paint, I dont know why I didn't.

what polish and glaze would you recommend..?

The fender and door comment : thats the pic, thats the glare.

saga boy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
3M™ Imperial™ Microfinishing Glaze
3M™ Imperial™ Microfinishing Glaze removes swirl marks left from compounding with 3M™ Imperial™ Microfinishing compounds.

MMM 5992 - 3M™ Imperial™ Microfinishing Glaze, quart

3M™ Perfect-It™ Foam Polishing Pad Glaze

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^^

Thanks a TON man, you've been great help with advice and everything. Would I be able to find that polish and glaze at....Advance auto parts or the paint shop..?

saga boy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^

Thanks a TON man, you've been great help with advice and everything. Would I be able to find that polish and glaze at....Advance auto parts or the paint shop..?
o'REILYS OR PPG STORE. NOT TO SURE ABOUT THE OTHER GUYS! BUT DEF O'RIELYS

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Updates???
Since the passenger side came out really patchy and no way even..i'm doing it over on tuesday. gonna pick up some more paint with right after work today or eary tuesday morning and doing that over, along with the side skirts. I think I might as well do the driver side too if I have enough paint left (which I think I should). I'm making sure that the spray pattern is correct before I go spraying. :lol:

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
SO

Today I:

-Picked up some more paint
-Picked up some 3M Imperial polisher and Glaze.
-Painted driver and passenger sides over
-Cleared both sides

...and some rain-x :lol:

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
just give in and have it done professionally, and then buy a cheap piece of s**t beater car to practice painting and body work on,

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just give in and have it done professionally, and then buy a cheap piece of s**t beater car to practice painting and body work on,
I should have done that in the first place

I'm prolly gonna do that next summer...seriously.

I'll take pics tonight.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm sick of wet sanding...i'm basically losing hope..I'm just frustrated with the whole thing. This is the last week i'm working on it. whatever happens, happens. I'm giving it to the professionals when I get the chance. I can paint small things like bumpers, lips, mirrors, etc...but i'm never painting a whole car again.

Thanks to those following this thread and thanks for your support, it was greatly appreciated.

When the paint is in decent shape again..and I have pics that are worth posting, i'll throw them up. Thanks again.