Petey Peeeeeeete v2.0 (56K Step Carefully)

Gradeless

RICE FTMFW !
5+ Year Member
is that just a reflection on the moulding? i might just be seeing thing but it looks like missing paint..... i know it can't be true though......not with petey pete behind the gun

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeh looks as if the side mouldings are missin paint :scurred:

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thats the rubbing compound/polisher that got slung into the side moldings. I'm cleaning everything up today. No worries...everything is fully painted...! =)

Gradeless

RICE FTMFW !
5+ Year Member
^^^^^thats what i like to hear.....car looks great man

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So, beginning of the summer, a friend of mine broke the head off an important bolt in my LCA. Its the bolt that sits closest to the drum, holds the hub to the control arm. Anyway, the head snapped off and the bolt has been slowly bending. I went to go see if I could take it out and replace it this morning and came to the conclusion that I wasn't able to do it myself. I brought my car to midas, told them twice exactly what bolt I want out and replaced.

I dropped it off at 11am. I get a call around 2:30 saying that they got the bolt, replaced it and everything is all set.

GREAT!

I head over there and the old guy at the counter goes "yup, we got that front bolt out, cleaned it up and put it back in"

Me: "...wait..front bolt..? What are you talking about. I told you twice it was the bolt in my rear lower control arm on the driver side. the one with the head broken off"

so, they get the car back on the lifts and I show them...exactly what I was talking about and they go "oh, we only saw that only bolt and we thought that was the one that was messed up. So, before this point, I thought..PERFECT they were able to get it out and put a new one in and i'm all done with this problem. NOPE

so they start all over and they start to figure out how they're going to drill out the bolt since it is now siezed in the bushing. I sat there form 2:30 till 5:30. Since the bushing was pretty much deteriorated because of age and north east weather, they decided that I should put in a new bushing and new nut and bolt.

That is fine with me...so he starts calling around and finds out that this bushing is a dealer only part. So I come back home and look the part up:

its #13 in the diagram (Evan, lemme know if i'm correct) $9-$13 for that part, not bad at all. SO...what i'm going to do is call the nearest honda dealership, (which is in Rhode Island) tomorrow and see if they have it in stock, go pick it up and bring it to midas so that they can get that all fixed and I can have my car back, its sitting on the jack all night there. I told them that I need my car back tomorrow because I gotta pack it sunday because i'm heading back to college. OH, and to top it all off....the freaking fat dude with glasses the size of cantalopes almost ripped my front lip off trying to get my car onto the lift, even after I raised it up and the front lip is sitting 6" off the ground. All in all...a very frustrating day. I'm hoping I can get that bushing and get my car back tomorrow asap.

Gradeless

RICE FTMFW !
5+ Year Member
i saw a how to in a magazine once where they were lowering a 96 civic, the same problem happend, and the bolt seized in the bushing..... they said they had to buy a whole new LCA... i don't know if that was because of time restraints or if they couldn't get the part.....be nice if you can just replace the bushing, but just to give you a heads up i guess

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That happened to me. My friends dad works at Ford and he just took it in, drilled it out, and then rethreaded the part that needed to be.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I ended up just buying a new lca from honda this morning...it came with all new bushings and everything. I even got two new bolts for it, just in case. the shop should be calling me shortly to go pick up my car...after that i'm just waiting for the sun to come out.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
freaking w00t.

Civic is out of the shop and i'm heading out to do the photosh00t now...!

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hell yeah. Can't wait to see these pics finally.