Petey Peeeeeeete v2.0 (56K Step Carefully)

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Truth be told, last summers paint job came out a crappy one. We attempted to use a detail gun to spray the whole car and the results were really bad. There were more drips on one side of the car than a wax museum when the A/C is down on a hot summer day. Not to mention, because we didn't have the right amount of air pressure going through the gun, parts of the car came out really streaky looking. SO, respraying the car the right way with the right gun and doing base coat, clear coat. Single stage was a bad decision last time since you can't wet sand it afterwards. Another thing that bugged me is that the paint came out a few shades darker than what it was supposed to be because we used a very dark primer.

So, This time 'round:

Light Primer
Better Spray gun with pressure gauge
Dual Stage PPG Electron Blue Pearl
Also doing the door jams, trunk, underside of hood and I'm thinking of spraying the engine bay black.
Wet sand & Buff clear, all that fun stuff, etc.

This is the last time i'll be respraying my car and here is the "build up" of Petey's "new" EBP Sedan Paint job:

During the prep process:

Also installed a new CAI a week or so ago.

Just did my DIY Type AARRG Grill (herra, HERRA jdm;))

This will be updated as we get done more body work. We're aiming to spray primer this weekend since the humidity will be much, much lower.

I have some surprises that I'm waiting to be delivered and I'll post pics as soon as they are in :cool:

***UPDATED PICS 7/5/07:***

The Gun:

Pulled off fender, rear bumper, etc:

Primered trunk:

sprayed the base on the front bumper to test out my paint spraying skillzzz :lol: :

7/11/07

7/16/07

teh teaser:

chow

Its hard to convert KMH
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this time it be be rock'n!! =)

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can't wait to see the finished product!

joeitovtec69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damm Thats Hott ..i Want A 4dr...

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nicee, lookin good. but itll look better once its done painting. and why is it white under your hood?

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
duuuuuuddde......cant wait....

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i mean since ur doing body work on it might as well go to the junk yard or something it would look so much better and you know it urself...

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea, his car used to be white. He needs to do a 99-00 front end, and rear end/trunk conversion. That'll be sick....looking good Petey. Where'd u get ur CAI setup at?

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know his car used to be white....he should do the trunk also but seems a lil hard imo he might as well slap a damn b16 next

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
im glad you switchin it up, that first paint job came out sorta ratty

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sweet, painting sucks thought haha. A lot of work involved.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah, there is a lot of work involved but it'll be worth it. Car was originally tafetta white. Been to the junkyard a few times but I always seem to get there just at the wrong time...i'll find the 6th gen section and EVERYTHING will be stripped from it....i mean everything...all that is left is the frame of the car.

The trunk conversion is rather easy, just bolt up the 99-00 trunk and tails and you're good to go.

CAI is an eBay special :thumbs up

falcon

uber noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice, you took / are taking a class for this kinda stuff right?

i would never have the confidence to do this big of a project myself... without proper training of course

ChoNNe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good luck with the new paint.... i'm sureit will turn out better this time!!