pinstripe

Dyl415X

never enough
5+ Year Member
I know removal has been covered before, but this summer i'd really like to remove my the ugly pinstripe on my car. I want to get some opinions as to whether or not its worth doing since the car is going on 7 years old now because I have a feeling even if I take it off, the ghost of it will still be there. Could it still be removed completely without having to take it to the body shop?

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes it can be removed....many things you can use to remove it (gluegone) just search and for the pinstripe some civics look good with and with out depending on if u have anything to match with it...

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I took the pinstripes off my 2000 Civic 4dr, and theres tan lines that arent very noticeable, unless you're looking for them. What I did, was get either a heat gun, or a blow dryer, and warm up the pinstriping. Then peel/scrape it off with your fingernail (its actually not that hard/painful, b/c its warm, it'll come right off). Then get some Goof-Off (or something similar, like Goo-Gone. I used Goo-Gone. Smells like oranges =)), and put some on a rag, then rub the adhesive off. :thumbs up

Dyl415X

never enough
5+ Year Member
EJ6Civic27 said:
I took the pinstripes off my 2000 Civic 4dr, and theres tan lines that arent very noticeable, unless you're looking for them. What I did, was get either a heat gun, or a blow dryer, and warm up the pinstriping. Then peel/scrape it off with your fingernail (its actually not that hard/painful, b/c its warm, it'll come right off). Then get some Goof-Off (or something similar, like Goo-Gone. I used Goo-Gone. Smells like oranges =)), and put some on a rag, then rub the adhesive off. :thumbs up
did you use rubbing compound at all?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
after I took the pinstriping off (like a week later) I washed, claybar'd, polished, and waxed the whole car....so :what: Why do you ask?

Dyl415X

never enough
5+ Year Member
because from what ive read a lot of people use it to help get the ghost line off completely..j/w if you did or if it helped

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh...I have no idea if it helped. Usually, with tan lines, its un-fixable without repainting. But. mine arent as bad, and the pinstriping had been on for 7 years....

#1FG

Rev Limiter= Fun Limiter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I removed mine last summer. I just waited for a hot day and i could peel them off with my fingers. As far as removing the ghost lines, i just ended up doing a total detail on my car but the stripes werent bad in the first place since my car is new.

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I removed mine on a hot day with my fingers. As for the line a good solid paste wax got it off.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Some cars might end up with lines left over, and some won't. Sometimes you can remove them easily, sometimes you can't.

And polishes and clay bars are for removing stuff from the car, not wax. Wax is a protactant.

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know what clay bars are waxes are for. That is what I found in the trunk of my car and it worked like a charm. Now if you have lots of crap built up around the stripes you will def need a clay bar.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm just trying to keep anyone else from using wax to clean their car.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I'm just trying to keep anyone else from using wax to clean their car.
Yea, for some reason alot of people think wax will remove some spots that actually need to be buffed off, or clay bar'ed off. Even the guy at work next to me thinks acid rain damage on paint will wax out....:roll:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
EJ6Civic27 said:
Yea, for some reason alot of people think wax will remove some spots that actually need to be buffed off, or clay bar'ed off. Even the guy at work next to me thinks acid rain damage on paint will wax out....:roll:
:werd:
That's why I wanted to make sure people don't do that. There are people on here still that think all you shoudl do is wash and wax and it's good as new.

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wish that was all that needed to be done. My paint is so bad. I can't wait until I can get my 6th gen resprayed.

The sun and rock chips killed mine.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Four words...

I used to tailgate.

Dyl415X

never enough
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Some cars might end up with lines left over, and some won't. Sometimes you can remove them easily, sometimes you can't.

And polishes and clay bars are for removing stuff from the car, not wax. Wax is a protactant.
Any idea as to how my car would turn out if I took it off?