1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

pinstripe

Discussion in 'Exterior / Detailing / Bodywork' started by Dyl415X, Feb 26, 2007.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Dyl415X

Dyl415X never enough 5+ Year Member

I know removal has been covered before, but this summer i'd really like to remove my the ugly pinstripe on my car. I want to get some opinions as to whether or not its worth doing since the car is going on 7 years old now because I have a feeling even if I take it off, the ghost of it will still be there. Could it still be removed completely without having to take it to the body shop?

2. Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet 6 spd = titis Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

yes it can be removed....many things you can use to remove it (gluegone) just search and for the pinstripe some civics look good with and with out depending on if u have anything to match with it...

3. PEARLelectron

PEARLelectron Banned

Keep it pinstripes are balla

4. Szady

Szady D-Series Master Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

I took the pinstripes off my 2000 Civic 4dr, and theres tan lines that arent very noticeable, unless you're looking for them. What I did, was get either a heat gun, or a blow dryer, and warm up the pinstriping. Then peel/scrape it off with your fingernail (its actually not that hard/painful, b/c its warm, it'll come right off). Then get some Goof-Off (or something similar, like Goo-Gone. I used Goo-Gone. Smells like oranges =)), and put some on a rag, then rub the adhesive off. :thumbs up

5. Dyl415X

did you use rubbing compound at all?

6. Szady

after I took the pinstriping off (like a week later) I washed, claybar'd, polished, and waxed the whole car....so :what: Why do you ask?

7. Dyl415X

because from what ive read a lot of people use it to help get the ghost line off completely..j/w if you did or if it helped

8. Szady

Oh...I have no idea if it helped. Usually, with tan lines, its un-fixable without repainting. But. mine arent as bad, and the pinstriping had been on for 7 years....

9. #1FG

#1FG Rev Limiter= Fun Limiter Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

I removed mine last summer. I just waited for a hot day and i could peel them off with my fingers. As far as removing the ghost lines, i just ended up doing a total detail on my car but the stripes werent bad in the first place since my car is new.

10. Jordan_n

Jordan_n No fun unless ur Dragging Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

i'd rock the stripes u should keep'em

11. PEARLelectron

PEARLelectron Banned

this guy knows

12. Trey99EK

Trey99EK New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I removed mine on a hot day with my fingers. As for the line a good solid paste wax got it off.

13. NOFX

NOFX I'm NOT eran! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Some cars might end up with lines left over, and some won't. Sometimes you can remove them easily, sometimes you can't.

And polishes and clay bars are for removing stuff from the car, not wax. Wax is a protactant.

14. Trey99EK

Trey99EK New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I know what clay bars are waxes are for. That is what I found in the trunk of my car and it worked like a charm. Now if you have lots of crap built up around the stripes you will def need a clay bar.

15. NOFX

I'm just trying to keep anyone else from using wax to clean their car.

16. Szady

Yea, for some reason alot of people think wax will remove some spots that actually need to be buffed off, or clay bar'ed off. Even the guy at work next to me thinks acid rain damage on paint will wax out....:roll:

17. NOFX

:werd:
    That's why I wanted to make sure people don't do that. There are people on here still that think all you shoudl do is wash and wax and it's good as new.

18. Trbolvrcrx

Trbolvrcrx Dude wheres my honda Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

I wish that was all that needed to be done. My paint is so bad. I can't wait until I can get my 6th gen resprayed.

The sun and rock chips killed mine.

19. NOFX

Four words...

I used to tailgate.

20. Dyl415X

Any idea as to how my car would turn out if I took it off?

[​IMG]