Please Help.. 1996 Civic Turbo

99GrandHero

5+ Year Member
I bought a 96 Turbo Civic (Ex Coupe) less than 2 weeks ago. It was stolen from my apt. complex at UNCC early tuesday morning(11/18/08).

Is Primer grey/black, 15" gold rotas, banged up front mount, front bumper was laying in the back seat, built D16, VAFCII...Security camera caught it leaving the complex at Exactly 2:43 Tuesday moring. Please let me know if anybody knows ANYTHING about the car...

99GrandHero

5+ Year Member
For Sale

Got the car back today. NO turbo setup. JUNKYARD Rims/Tires. NO radio. NO shift knob(wtf haha). Runs and drives still, exhaust is loud because its unhooked after collector. FOR SALE MAKE OFFER(it cost $500 just to get it out of the impound lot so no ridiculous offers please)

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no alarm? sucks they took everything off, but no alarm no sympathy

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bet the owner before took your car.
because he got a spare key.

99GrandHero

5+ Year Member
Missing EVERYTHING aftermarket cept for the internals in the engine and the suspension. Still runs/drives tho. Needs a tune(still tuned to run boost) and could use an new oil pan(still has the oil line for turbo on it and its just open since there is nothing hooked too it. and it was repaired previously with JB weld or some s**t so it leaks a little.)

I bought the car without an alarm, and didnt even have it a week before it was stolen so no time to install one. And even if I had one it wouldnt have mattered, a 2009 Chevy 3500 with factory alarm, aftermarket alarm, and onstar was stolen out of here. The theives didnt break any glass, didnt scratch any paint, do any hot-wiring, or break any steering wheel locks or ignitions, or set off any alarms on EITHER my car or the Chevy. I hate to say it but they are damn good at what they do.

Guy I bought the car from doesnt know where I live(unless he followed me home). I always met him at his place to look at the car and only gave him my name and phone # and they are both listed under a different address than the car was stolen from. But it very well could have been him I have no Idea.

Title is clear. As far as I know Theft Recovery does not effect title status in the state of nc.

I'll post some pics of what it loos like now.

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^i agree. He knows whats inside the car, knows where you live, plain and simple extra key and time.

He made whatever you paid him + the parts he jacked back, and now you're sitting with a salvage title. is it salvage title?
yeah that is exactly what happend ...The same s**t happened to me a while back just watch who you buy your cars from cause people are stealing cars all the time now.

chinkyeyedemcee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are you serious? this has happened to before and you didn't learn your lesson? i'm sorry it happened, f**kin sux that we have to watch for this kind of s**t cause seems like there are very few honest people left, but you were begging for your s**t to get stolen.

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Missing EVERYTHING aftermarket cept for the internals in the engine and the suspension. Still runs/drives tho. Needs a tune(still tuned to run boost) and could use an new oil pan(still has the oil line for turbo on it and its just open since there is nothing hooked too it. and it was repaired previously with JB weld or some s**t so it leaks a little.)

I bought the car without an alarm, and didnt even have it a week before it was stolen so no time to install one. And even if I had one it wouldnt have mattered, a 2009 Chevy 3500 with factory alarm, aftermarket alarm, and onstar was stolen out of here. The theives didnt break any glass, didnt scratch any paint, do any hot-wiring, or break any steering wheel locks or ignitions, or set off any alarms on EITHER my car or the Chevy. I hate to say it but they are damn good at what they do.

Guy I bought the car from doesnt know where I live(unless he followed me home). I always met him at his place to look at the car and only gave him my name and phone # and they are both listed under a different address than the car was stolen from. But it very well could have been him I have no Idea.

Title is clear. As far as I know Theft Recovery does not effect title status in the state of nc.

I'll post some pics of what it loos like now.
I would still tell the cops that mang...cant hurt, seems rather shady

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn dude sorry for what happened to the car i hope whoever did this f**king dies today:evil: I HATE f**king THIEVES

guachi

5+ Year Member
something seems a little weird about all of this...
I'D say it is too damn weird bro!!, this s**t doesn't happen like it happened to you... if they steal the car, they will put it appart in about a day and how would they recover it?? that means that someone knew exactly what you had inside the car and stole the car and got whatever was worth out of it and then threw the rest away... besides if you didn't have any alarm on your car it is very easy to steal it.... at least you should have taken the spark plugs with you when leaving it outside so no-one could steal it until you had the money to buy an alarm or some kind of magnetic bypass switch for the battery....

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
pull the ecu when you park that s**t

99GrandHero

5+ Year Member
I'D say it is too damn weird bro!!, this s**t doesn't happen like it happened to you... if they steal the car, they will put it appart in about a day and how would they recover it?? that means that someone knew exactly what you had inside the car and stole the car and got whatever was worth out of it and then threw the rest away... besides if you didn't have any alarm on your car it is very easy to steal it.... at least you should have taken the spark plugs with you when leaving it outside so no-one could steal it until you had the money to buy an alarm or some kind of magnetic bypass switch for the battery....
What do you mean how would they recover it? It was stripped down, then left in a parking lot where the tow company found it. Either that or the tow company found it and stripped it themsleves because they were sketch as hell.

All I know was I bought the car, it was stolen, I got it back, and now I'm trying to sell it and get back part of what I've lost. End of story. I stoped carring who did it or anything like that because its Charlotte, same s**t happens every day, and the cops arent going to do anything about it so its pointless to waste time on it.

99GrandHero

5+ Year Member
ok, which of your buddies jacked the car for you. Come on, we won't tell.

Haha really? Why the hell would I want my buddies to steal my car? It only had liability on it so they dont pay a dime. If I wanted to pull some s**t like that I would have put full comprehensive coverage with a couple grand worth of aftermarket parts coverage on it, like my jeep has. But thats not the case. I'm out a couple grand, and stuck with a pretty much stock civic that I dont want. Thats all there is to it.